Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ICE car parked in supercharger spot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw this the other day:

Private Parking

Unauthorized vehicles will be worked over with a sledgehammer, flipped over by an angry mob, set on fire, and spray painted with rude slogans immediately after being used as a getaway car in an incredibly daring robbery!

Kinda off the wall.......

Saw this the other day:

Private Parking

Unauthorized vehicles will be worked over with a sledgehammer, flipped over by an angry mob, set on fire, and spray painted with rude slogans immediately after being used as a getaway car in an incredibly daring robbery!

Kinda off the wall.......

I think it's great. Using humor to get people's attention and to keep them from 'breaking the rules' works pretty good. It's an art to be able to tell someone off and have them thank you for it with a smile on their face.

Wow, we don't get these sort of shenanigans around here. I guess Canadians are too polite. If there's an empty car at a pump it's because the owner went inside to pay.

Come to Toronto, Doug. It happens all the time. People double park on the streets, stop in Fire Zones (with their 4-ways on) to run into the store, drive in transit-only lanes and even park illegally in Handicapped spots. At least last week, I saw a guy in a Handicapped spot getting a ticket. The officer was taking digital photos of the car, which I thought was odd, but I guess it suffices as proof. Aside from parking infractions, they drive up sholders to pass cars in traffic, enter roads through exit lanes and only stop for traffic lights if they've been red for more than a few seconds! (And I was wondering why my insurance rates are so high :cursing:)

EDIT: To be fair, it's not too bad outside of Toronto, and thankfully my commute takes me in the opposite direction (BTW, I worked right downtown Toronto for 21 years).

Make it difficult to park and people will start to park wherever. This is happening where I work, because they've shut down a lot of the parking to build a new parking structure and office building. Everyday, I see cars parked where they shouldn't be: at the ends of aisles, in areas striped for no parking, and along curbs where they obstruct traffic flow and visibility. It's contagious, too.

Right... I forget... I went to university in Toronto, and from what I've seen it has only gotten worse. It's like a different country or something.

I think as markb1 says, if it's difficult to park, people will "improvise", and Toronto has been going out of its way to become less "car friendly" over the years.

Back a little more on topic, I was in Riverside, CA last September and there was a shopping mall with 3 or 4 EVSE's but for some reason, only one of the spots was marked as EV only. Sure enough, the marked spot was empty, (later had a Volt in it) but the others were all ICE'd even though you could plainly see the chargers on the wall.