Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ICE cars are dangerous.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[video]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d75_1388444525[/video]

I don't know if anyone was injured, but the fireball is quite spectacular. Apparently a train derailed, and a train going the opposite direction carrying 111 cars full of oil ran into it.

ku-xlarge.gif

[video]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1e8_1388906439[/video]

Car Spontaneously Combusts On Dash Cam Video

My sincere apologies to anyone that has already seen this in the other dedicated thread (Porsche halts 911 GT3 deliveries after five cars caught fire in recent weeks), but this is just to good not to cross post here as well for completeness sake in this little ‘beast’ of a thread.

burning_911.jpg

Image credit: Uncredited

Porsche halts 911 GT3 deliveries after five cars caught fire in recent weeks

Worldcarfans reporting that Porsche have halted deliveries completely after 5 fires in recent weeks.

It was reported that the recent car was a total write off at a cost of about $225,000 (the price of 2 P85+'s)

Sources:

Porsche halts 911 GT3 deliveries after five cars caught fire - report

Axis Of Oversteer: 991 GT3s are so hot they are catching on fire.

Porsche suspends 911 GT3 deliveries amidst fears of spontaneous combustion - Autoblog

Top Gear recently managed to torch an ICE car from a Danish Car Manufacturer. After allegedly spending an hour+ on intensive high speed testing, and consuming ~50 liters of fuel – a 7 liter V8 does get really great fuel mileage after all – they were able to film this footage. Skip to 5:16 for the BBQ:

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested in seeing what a 2001 Corvette Z06 looks like after it's been driven really, really fast allegedly/according to law enforcement, and collided with a Lincoln Town Car?

Hint: Charcoal.

And: Thanks to some good folks who managed to pull out a twenty-something male from the Corvette, and an 87-year old woman and a 94-year-old from the Town Car – all with non-life-threatening injuries – nobody was killed in this event.

[Insert appropriate wording here] Rescued From Fiery Car Crash | TMZ.com (Scroll down ~1 screen hight.)

Two of the absolute ‘greatest hits’ of 2014 for completeness:

First:

A brand new pretty expensive ICE-car fresh from the dealer lot spontaneously erupts to a rather large fireball. And fast. And on video. Thankfully no-one got hurt.

2015 GMC Yukon erupts into flames during Anaheim test drive [w/video] - Autoblog

And second:

The epic ICE-clusterpile photograph taken in the middle of some snow, seemingly not that many winter tires, and of course an ICE fireball to top it all off:

snow_fire_hi_q.png

Last edited:
Tale of the cat.

Yesterday after taking a cat to the vet, it went missing in the garage where the ICE car is kept. It was thought that the cat had climbed into the engine compartment or elsewhere in the car. So I jacked the car up, put it on jack stands and went under to look. It only took about fifteen minutes and the fumes from the undercarriage and engine made me nauseous. I used to work around cars all the time and it was a real surprise that I could no longer take it--or perhaps there's a difference between clean race cars and dirty commuter cars. Just another way that ICE cars are dangerous.

Oh, yes, the cat wasn't in the car.

Tale of the cat.

Yesterday after taking a cat to the vet, it went missing in the garage where the ICE car is kept. It was thought that the cat had climbed into the engine compartment or elsewhere in the car. So I jacked the car up, put it on jack stands and went under to look. It only took about fifteen minutes and the fumes from the undercarriage and engine made me nauseous. I used to work around cars all the time and it was a real surprise that I could no longer take it--or perhaps there's a difference between clean race cars and dirty commuter cars. Just another way that ICE cars are dangerous.

Oh, yes, the cat wasn't in the car.

Apparently the cat was smart enough to stay away from those ICE car fumes 'jerry :)