Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ICE cars are dangerous.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, that is very bad. A brand new Porsche 918 hybrid plug-in on fire in a Gas Station of Toronto. I think it's the first plug-in in this treat.

rlqkzbuaptayufl8oeqo.jpg

mwgew3mlznb5c2wfbgsr.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I read a few people speculating that the top mounted exhaust might have something to do with it. If it had been run fairly hard before fueling, the exhaust could be very hot. I think the autoignition temprature of gasoline is only around 300C, which is relatively low.

Either way, I cannot wait to only have to drive by gas stations.

Witnessed a minor collision between a Lincoln and a PT Cruiser in SoCal last week. Within about 30 seconds, flames were roaring from the front of the Lincoln and passengers were scurrying. Didn't see anything on the ones about it LOL.

Jeep Cherokee catches fire 2 days after purchase; NHTSA opens probe

/.../

January 16, 2015 - 11:06 am ET

WASHINGTON -- A 2015 Jeep Cherokee that erupted in flames two days after purchase has prompted the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to investigate whether a defect exists in 50,415 of the SUVs.

NHTSA investigators are looking into the cause of the incident as well as the frequency and scope of the potential problem. NHTSA’s Office of Defect Investigations has also received early-warning report data related to the alleged defect, according to investigation’s opening document posted on NHTSA’s website. [...

Source: Jeep Cherokee catches fire 2 days after purchase; NHTSA opens probe | Automotive News

For video – click here:

NHTSA investigating 2015 Jeep Cherokee after new owner's total-loss fire [w/video] – autoblog