Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ICE-ing strategies & solutions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The problem with needtocharge as those that sign up are either not the issue and would charge and be courteous or take the view they can just leave their car there because they've signed up and wait for the call. How many people when finding a used charging spot get out, walk around a car that's plugged in and looks for a need to charge sticker, tries to make contact, and then waits to be told if the person is willing to come back or not to move it? I'd imagine very few

If you do go down the confrontation route then the approach that seems the best is to just tell the offender that they ticket people for abusing the bays, use CCTV to catch them etc and you're doing them a favour by telling them. If that doesn't work then telling them they're an obnoxious selfish t##t isn't going to either.

Reactions: Jez_GB
If you do go down the confrontation route then the approach that seems the best is to just tell the offender that they ticket people for abusing the bays, use CCTV to catch them etc and you're doing them a favour by telling them.
That seems like a smart move - Trying to 'do them a favour' as you say, to avoid the direct confrontation but getting the result (hopefully) at the same time.

I think a big assumption here is that you're able to speak to the person whose car is ICE'ing... Has anyone had experience speaking to a restaurant, supermarket etc and having the registration read out over tannoy to visit customer desk etc? Long shot perhaps...?

ps. Looks like there's lots of emotion and thought from the community on this one... thanks for sharing all!

I'll just leave this here...

Attachments

• EVcharge.jpg
    EVcharge.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 57