Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ICE me now* , pay $75, LOL (*if you are in Illinois)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Dbitter1

Journeyman Member
Dec 12, 2014
Chicago, IL
Illinois “Anti-ICEing” Law Signed

I wish we could call in tips for a share of the fine... The best part is this:
(e) Any person found guilty of violating the provisions of subsection (b) shall be fined $75 in addition to any costs or charges connected with the removal or storage of the non-electric vehicle; but municipalities by ordinance may impose a fine up to $100.
So in Chicago that's like a $200 something tow and impound fee... :biggrin:

Last edited:
Although I was pleased to read this as well, I can't imagine this really being enforced to any great extent. I'm sure this came about simply because IL needs the money. Still, it now does provide an interesting statement to include on any of those business cards people leave on the windows of ICE vehicles parked in EV spots.

I can't imagine this really being enforced to any great extent.
What we need is a snitch hotline. While us Tesla owners usually do not panic, I can imagine the range anxiety of Leafs and others that DO need those charging spots at Whole Foods, Walgreens, etc to make it home to their families... and much like the heartless baboons that park in handicapped spaces (without, of course, being actually needing of a space) this is an equally just law. I'd certainly support the inverse, for those who EV a gasoline pump...