Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ICE parking in Sioux Falls

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Sioux Falls Supercharger was recently activated and with a planned charging event last Sunday at 4 pm, I found all 8 stalls filled with ice autos.
I had previously made three trips by the HiVee site to check the progress never seeing autos parked there.
A possible recommendation would be to locate the charging stations further away from the entrance to the store.
Elon has been extremely liberal installing super chargers in SD.

Most Super Chargers I am familiar with are not real close to store entrances. Once when trying to use a generic charger in the Adirondacks, I found both spaces occupied by a pickup. The driver was in the vehicle and when I approached the vehicle he left. While plugged in to one station another shopper in an ICE vehicle parked next to me. I think this is a problem with chargers too close to store entrances.

The Sioux Falls Supercharger was recently activated and with a planned charging event last Sunday at 4 pm, I found all 8 stalls filled with ice autos.
I had previously made three trips by the HiVee site to check the progress never seeing autos parked there.
A possible recommendation would be to locate the charging stations further away from the entrance to the store.
Elon has been extremely liberal installing super chargers in SD.
Yes, relocating the stations further away would help eliminate or at least minimize the spots being filled with non-EVs, but unfortunately it adds additional costs to the installation. Longer cable runs, more trenching, etc...