TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

ICE Phone

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 3s-a-charm, Jun 18, 2015.

1. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

I had a thought the other day... Often the Model S is referenced to the experience of charging your cell phone and having a full charge every day. That got me thinking of the reverse... Imagine if you wanted to check your phone for messages you had to start a little motor and a little puff of exhaust smoke would come out?

You would have to keep it running while on a call which would be annoying at best.

From time to time your phone would need an oil change or other maintenance so you would have to take it in and get a loaner for the day.

Any other analogies?

2. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker Beta Tester

#2 MorrisonHiker, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    There are a bunch in the Nissan LEAF: Gas Powered Everything commercial.

Great commercial, even if it is for LEAF...and funny how they poke fun at the Volt as well!

3. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

Perfect! That's exactly what I was thinking. Very good commercial - thanks!

4. FourBucks

FourBucks Member

That is brilliant, even if it came from Nissan!

5. Skotty

Skotty 2014 Model S P85

Actually, I would like that commercial if it weren't for poking fun at the Volt, as the Volt is one of the precious few attempts outside of Tesla to create an uncompromised car that can do almost all of it's driving without gas. A standard Prius would have been a much better choice to poke fun at.

6. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I agree. That kinda ruined it for me too when I saw it the first time. On the other hand, I guess Nissan saw the Volt as their primary competition at that time.

7. Ugliest1

Ugliest1 S85: "Sparky"

I'm sure I read something in the last several months, I think it was a couple-of-paragraphs quote by Chelsea Sexton, just a great analogy using cellphone growth compared to electric cars. I've searched and searched, but can't find it. It could have been in a magazine article, referred to in a tweet... I'll keep looking. Meanwhile, anyone else know what I'm talking about?