Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ICE Trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gavine

Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
We are going on a 100 mile trip this evening and my mother-in-law is coming so we have to take the SUV. She has a bad hip and can't get in and out of the Model S (too low). Now I have to go out of my way (the other direction) to get gas which will be about a 20-minute hit. Before owning an electric car, I never realized how inconvenient getting gas can be. We hardly use the ICE anymore and it has been a long time since we've bought gas. I'm not looking forward to it. Any sympathies are appreciated.

Seriously? 20 minutes out of your way to find a gas station in the "Oil and Petrochemical Refinery State"? :biggrin:

5 to 8 minutes drive in wrong direction (depending on traffic and lights), 10 minutes to fill-up and then another 5 to 8 minutes to drive past my house again towards the freeway.

Speaking of oil refinery state, I have a client who is an oil refinery. I met them for lunch last week and I used the ICE. I felt funny pulling-up in an electric car when the company makes gasoline. "Hey guys...look here...this car is going to put you out of a job in the future".

Speaking of oil refinery state, I have a client who is an oil refinery. I met them for lunch last week and I used the ICE. I felt funny pulling-up in an electric car when the company makes gasoline. "Hey guys...look here...this car is going to put you out of a job in the future".

I know how you feel. I work for a refiner. I sometimes think they won't let me through the security gate. :/

My sympathies to you... you will enjoy the Tesla more when you get back in it! Is that even possible - to enjoy it more?

I know how you feel. I work for a refiner. I sometimes think they won't let me through the security gate. :/

My sympathies to you... you will enjoy the Tesla more when you get back in it! Is that even possible - to enjoy it more?

Absence make the heart grow fonder.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe this helps.. Via Reddit I stumbled onto this relevant piece on a Swedish forum :

Test drive of a petrol car - Tesla Club Sweden

:)

This deserves its own thread. Start one Gerardf....What a great piece. It enlightens how antiquated ICE has become.