Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IceCo Freezer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone here has an IceCo Freezer or similar in size of the JP40, (https://icecofreezer.com/products/iceco-jp40-portable-fridge)?

I am curious how well does it fit in the trunk and being able to open the lid while it is in the trunk of the M3? I have no issue with it in the MS and looking to get the M3 as a long distance travel car. My MS range suck, lol. It 212 at 100% these days.

If you do, care to share some pictures?

Thanks.

I don't have a JP40 but going by the published height of the unit (17.5"), it will barely fit inside the trunk of a 3. My 2018 LR measures about 17.75" from floor to rear package shelf, with a WeatherTech floor mat installed. I don't think you'll be able to open the lid unless you have the back seat down and open the cooler inside the rear passenger area. You will not be able to slide the cooler to the front of the trunk and open the lid since the overhang of the rear deck is only about 5-6" from the edge of the trunk.

Model3TrunkHeight.jpg

I don't have a JP40 but going by the published height of the unit (17.5"), it will barely fit inside the trunk of a 3. My 2018 LR measures about 17.75" from floor to rear package shelf, with a WeatherTech floor mat installed. I don't think you'll be able to open the lid unless you have the back seat down and open the cooler inside the rear passenger area. You will not be able to slide the cooler to the front of the trunk and open the lid since the overhang of the rear deck is only about 5-6" from the edge of the trunk.

View attachment 816762
Thanks. That is helpful. Any idea if the bottom part of the trunk will fit the length dimensions?