TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

ICEd Business Card

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by pdxgibby, Nov 24, 2015.

1. pdxgibby

pdxgibby Member

I've placed a large order for business cards in glossy to leave behind when you get ICEd. The hope is that this will alert people that unintentionally did this to pay more attention in the future.

I have created a listing selling packages of 50 cards for $10 (including domestic US shipping). They will begin shipping on 12/1/15.

http://www.panjo.com/buy/iced-business-cards-237997

2. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Member

got my order in! Thanks!

3. RMan

RMan Member

Thanks pdxgibby. Order submitted.

4. Electric700

Electric700 Member

I like the card except for the line right before the last line, which I would change to "If you are not driving an EV, please do not park in an EV charging parking space." That seems to be a little bit more friendly than "We don't park our EVs at your gas pump, so please don't park at our charger."

Actually, I have seen others here who needed to park in front of a gas pump with their EVs for the simple reason that they needed a snack at the gas station.

5. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

Better yet, "please do not park in an EV charging space". Leave out the idea that it's a parking space.

6. Electric700

Electric700 Member

Agreed!

7. pdxgibby

pdxgibby Member

Thanks you guys. I appreciate all the feedback. I'll be placing the new order tonight -- so any feedback really is welcome. Here is my proposal (and feedback is welcome):

"Notice of Inconsideration

Do you realize that you are blocking an Electric Vehicle charger?

You may be preventing someone from getting the charge they need to reach their destination. Please keep an eye out for EV chargers in the future and try to park elsewhere.

Thanks!"

8. liuping

liuping Active Member

I definitely like this version better. It's more informational, less confrontational.

I'd even take it one step further and change the title to just "Notice". "Notice of Inconsideration" seem like it would tune some people out right at the start.

9. Khatsalano

Khatsalano Member

I agree. This is quite antagonistic and promotes an us vs. them attitude. 100,000 Tesla owners isn't going to solve global climate change alone. Instead of antagonizing soon-to-be EV owners, let's bridge relationships through education and leave it at that.

I also think the title, "Notice of Inconsideration" is inflammatory. When was the last time you wanted to help someone out who called you a name or an adjective? Perhaps something more neutral.

- K

10. pdxgibby

pdxgibby Member

You guys are right. I'll tone it down a bit. For those that have already ordered a set, I will send you a note and explain the changes. Thanks for workshopping this with me.

11. AWDtsla

AWDtsla Active Member

Doesn't even matter. When's the last time you saw _anything_ put under your wiper and you were pleased to see it? A winning lottery ticket or some $100 bills, sure...

Recalling when I found Kony leaflets...

12. f-stop

f-stop Member

Too early for me to have been inconvenienced with this problem, but that's the first thing I thought when I saw this card. perhaps a very simple "A Friendly Reminder" as the title ?

13. California Roll

Please do not put the note on an F-250 or Dodge RAM covered with dirt. Nothing good would come of it.

14. pdxgibby

pdxgibby Member

Hahaha! Probably right.

Anyway, I updated the design with this feedback and have placed the order. Please, no more feedback. It's not changing. :) Feel free to place your order for a kinder-gentler card. :)

http://www.panjo.com/buy/iced-business-cards-237997

15. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Member

Haha! Actually, being from Texas, I am always floored when I see a pickup with a Hillary or Bernie sticker here in CA. Massive Paradigm shift! Brain confuzzled. In a good way

- - - Updated - - -

I like this final version. A kinder, gentler reminder indeed. Thanks for your efforts and all of our editors, too!

16. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

The wording is good, but the last word "elsewhere" doesn't look visually appealing on it's own line.

Yeah, yeah, I'm bad at following directions

17. pdxgibby

pdxgibby Member

Ahem. I think you should go

elsewhere

18. Khatsalano

Khatsalano Member

Gibby, don't get us wrong though. You're stepping up and doing the right thing, which is more than I can say for myself since all I did was contribute language edits. Thank you for being a great ambassador for us. I'll order some.

- K

19. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Member

"its"* own line; and, actually, I like it because it stands alone and helps them remember to park "ELSEWHERE." :wink:

20. pdxgibby

pdxgibby Member

Not at all. Really glad people offered their feedback. I tend to be a bit, what's my wife call it, direct?