Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ICEd Business Card

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the card except for the line right before the last line, which I would change to "If you are not driving an EV, please do not park in an EV charging parking space." That seems to be a little bit more friendly than "We don't park our EVs at your gas pump, so please don't park at our charger."

Actually, I have seen others here who needed to park in front of a gas pump with their EVs for the simple reason that they needed a snack at the gas station.

I like the card except for the line right before the last line, which I would change to "If you are not driving an EV, please do not park in an EV charging parking space." That seems to be a little bit more friendly than "We don't park our EVs at your gas pump, so please don't park at our charger."

Actually, I have seen others here who needed to park in front of a gas pump with their EVs for the simple reason that they needed a snack at the gas station.

Better yet, "please do not park in an EV charging space". Leave out the idea that it's a parking space.

Thanks you guys. I appreciate all the feedback. I'll be placing the new order tonight -- so any feedback really is welcome. Here is my proposal (and feedback is welcome):

"Notice of Inconsideration

Do you realize that you are blocking an Electric Vehicle charger?

You may be preventing someone from getting the charge they need to reach their destination. Please keep an eye out for EV chargers in the future and try to park elsewhere.

Thanks!"

"Notice of Inconsideration

Do you realize that you are blocking an Electric Vehicle charger?

You may be preventing someone from getting the charge they need to reach their destination. Please keep an eye out for EV chargers in the future and try to park elsewhere.

Thanks!"

I definitely like this version better. It's more informational, less confrontational.

I'd even take it one step further and change the title to just "Notice". "Notice of Inconsideration" seem like it would tune some people out right at the start.

"We don't park our EVs at your gas pump, so please don't park at our charger."

I agree. This is quite antagonistic and promotes an us vs. them attitude. 100,000 Tesla owners isn't going to solve global climate change alone. Instead of antagonizing soon-to-be EV owners, let's bridge relationships through education and leave it at that.

I also think the title, "Notice of Inconsideration" is inflammatory. When was the last time you wanted to help someone out who called you a name or an adjective? Perhaps something more neutral.

- K

I agree. This is quite antagonistic and promotes an us vs. them attitude. 100,000 Tesla owners isn't going to solve global climate change alone. Instead of antagonizing soon-to-be EV owners, let's bridge relationships through education and leave it at that.

I also think the title, "Notice of Inconsideration" is inflammatory. When was the last time you wanted to help someone out who called you a name or an adjective? Perhaps something more neutral.

- K

Doesn't even matter. When's the last time you saw _anything_ put under your wiper and you were pleased to see it? A winning lottery ticket or some $100 bills, sure...

Recalling when I found Kony leaflets...

[...] I also think the title, "Notice of Inconsideration" is inflammatory. When was the last time you wanted to help someone out who called you a name or an adjective? Perhaps something more neutral.
Too early for me to have been inconvenienced with this problem, but that's the first thing I thought when I saw this card. perhaps a very simple "A Friendly Reminder" as the title ?

Please do not put the note on an F-250 or Dodge RAM covered with dirt. Nothing good would come of it.
Haha! Actually, being from Texas, I am always floored when I see a pickup with a Hillary or Bernie sticker here in CA. Massive Paradigm shift! Brain confuzzled. In a good way

- - - Updated - - -

Hahaha! Probably right.

Anyway, I updated the design with this feedback and have placed the order. Please, no more feedback. It's not changing. :) Feel free to place your order for a kinder-gentler card. :)

http://www.panjo.com/buy/iced-business-cards-237997
I like this final version. A kinder, gentler reminder indeed. Thanks for your efforts and all of our editors, too!

Hahaha! Probably right.

Anyway, I updated the design with this feedback and have placed the order. Please, no more feedback. It's not changing. :) Feel free to place your order for a kinder-gentler card. :)

http://www.panjo.com/buy/iced-business-cards-237997

The wording is good, but the last word "elsewhere" doesn't look visually appealing on it's own line.

Yeah, yeah, I'm bad at following directions

You guys are right. I'll tone it down a bit. For those that have already ordered a set, I will send you a note and explain the changes. Thanks for workshopping this with me.

Gibby, don't get us wrong though. You're stepping up and doing the right thing, which is more than I can say for myself since all I did was contribute language edits. Thank you for being a great ambassador for us. I'll order some.

- K