TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

ICEd by a Tesla

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by davewill, Mar 24, 2019.

1. davewill

davewill Active Member

Couldn't believe that both chargers were blocked. To add insult to injury, there's 20 Supercharger stalls at this location (Desert Hills Premium Outlets) but this Model S had to park here and block one of only two stalls for all the rest of the EVs. A LEAF was parked in the lane behind them so he could get charged when I arrived. I had to wait for him to finish, then do the same... Meaning I had to sit there until I had enough to get back to my next charging location.

20190324_134635.jpg

2. michidragon

michidragon Member

I think a lot of us would be as incredulous at this as you are. I have a Model S and I *do* sometimes use EVGo, to, you know, actually charge; so there's that, but it's clear there's nothing connected to the car and that's just a douche move. I suppose its *possible* that they were charging, finished, ran out to disconnect, then had to run back in and complete some transaction and was gonna be back shortly -- but I have my doubts.

3. TiggerTime

TiggerTime Member

I see this frequently where I work and it is usually another Tesla. They know there are 4 hour limits but park first thing in the morning and stay there their entire 8 or 12 hour shift and no one else can charge. I've even seen them park as above not even plugged in. ICEd is bad enough but when it's one of our own makes it even more infuriating.

4. Toumal

Toumal Member

When I first got my Zoe I drove past a charger and my mom said "Just park over there". I told her that I was full and didn't need to charge, and she said "Oh well, you're an electric so who cares".

I told her I do, and she should too. Unfortunately this seems to be a universal reaction to getting an EV for some people.

5. cwerdna

cwerdna Active Member

6. jkoya

jkoya NA2 NSX

Our local Natural Food Co-Op has two J1772 spots in the parking structure, not far from the entrance. I have often seen a Tesla Model S (always the same one) parked there and not charging. It's maddening to see this, even though I never use them.