TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

ICE'd in Alexandria

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by bleebdat, Sep 16, 2016.

1. bleebdat

bleebdat Member

Had to take a trip to Dallas, last stop before heading back to Baton Rouge was Alexandria. Every slot was occupied by an ICE!!! Ouch! IMG_1243.JPG

2. hmmm

hmmm Member

That's a new low. Was the parking lot full? (no excuse though...)

3. NovemberXray

NovemberXray Member

Wow, that's awful, and truly stunning! Did you call Tesla? Seems those vehicles should be towed! Some super chargers have cones to help block the spaces, sounds like they might need some there! I hope you were able to get a charge, that could really ruin your night!

4. jdo

jdo Member

Oh, man, what did you do? I think I would have lost it if I saw this driving long distance.

5. bleebdat

bleebdat Member

There were some slots near by but not a lot, walked into the hotel and asked what was going on. They had a dancing with the stars benefit going in a near by event center. Not much I could do but wait. Luckily someone moved about 15 minutes after I got there. All in all it went ok, but it wasnt a fun 15 minutes!

6. ZAKEEUS

ZAKEEUS Member

I will never understand why they put a Supercharger here. Alexandria is not a large city by any stretch of the imagination, but they found the area with limited parking. There are 2 shopping centers 2 miles away that would have been much better locations. I would Imagine they couldn't get a deal done. Its sad because this is an important charger since most Teslas would need a charge when driving I10 to I20

7. NovemberXray

NovemberXray Member

Since it's at a Holiday Inn, at night, seems like there's a very good chance those folks are at the hotel and would have registered their cars descriptions and possibly license plates at the front desk. Good chance talking to the front desk could locate one or more of the people and ask them to move their cars.

8. ElectricTundra

9. DerekM117

DerekM117 New Member

Most people in Alexandria have never heard of Tesla, so this is just ignorance of what the big red glowing things are. Being from the Alexandria area, I agree with the poster above who noted several better places to place these superchargers. Downtown Alexandria has a premium on parking and these will frequently be ICE'd.

10. jdo

jdo Member

Perhaps, but you'd think the "Vehicle Charging Only" signs might be a clue.

11. HookBill

HookBill Member

They were probably GM cars owned by VADA members. ;)

Edit: Oops. Wrong Alexandria, wrong state. :(

• Like x 2
  12. DerekM117

DerekM117 New Member

Assuming literacy is also quite a leap ;)

13. beegee

beegee Member

Looks like a job for a tow truck!

14. Cooksomerice

Cooksomerice Member

Considering all exits in the area, the airport exit would seem the more logical choice.
    As it exists, it is still quite conveniently located maybe 2 minutes from the exit.

As for this incident, you happened by at perhaps the most attended event at that hotel in years. The dancing with the stars fundraiser is a big hit.

In he future, you can expect the same on weekend nights in late January and Febuary. Many Mardu Gras balls are held next door.