Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ICE'd in Alexandria

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had to take a trip to Dallas, last stop before heading back to Baton Rouge was Alexandria. Every slot was occupied by an ICE!!! Ouch!
IMG_1243.JPG

Wow, that's awful, and truly stunning! Did you call Tesla? Seems those vehicles should be towed! Some super chargers have cones to help block the spaces, sounds like they might need some there! I hope you were able to get a charge, that could really ruin your night!

I will never understand why they put a Supercharger here. Alexandria is not a large city by any stretch of the imagination, but they found the area with limited parking. There are 2 shopping centers 2 miles away that would have been much better locations. I would Imagine they couldn't get a deal done. Its sad because this is an important charger since most Teslas would need a charge when driving I10 to I20

Since it's at a Holiday Inn, at night, seems like there's a very good chance those folks are at the hotel and would have registered their cars descriptions and possibly license plates at the front desk. Good chance talking to the front desk could locate one or more of the people and ask them to move their cars.

Most people in Alexandria have never heard of Tesla, so this is just ignorance of what the big red glowing things are. Being from the Alexandria area, I agree with the poster above who noted several better places to place these superchargers. Downtown Alexandria has a premium on parking and these will frequently be ICE'd.

Considering all exits in the area, the airport exit would seem the more logical choice.
As it exists, it is still quite conveniently located maybe 2 minutes from the exit.

As for this incident, you happened by at perhaps the most attended event at that hotel in years. The dancing with the stars fundraiser is a big hit.

In he future, you can expect the same on weekend nights in late January and Febuary. Many Mardu Gras balls are held next door.

More of the same in Alexandria.
I live here so I rarely drive downtown to charge, but cold front caught me off guard this am and decided to top off before leaving for work.
This is bad.
I can only imagine how I would feel if I was passing through and it was full.
I would come unhinged.

Attachments

• IMG_0857.JPG
    IMG_0857.JPG
    514.6 KB · Views: 149
Any location near a downtown hotel is just ridiculous. There are always wedding events, receptions, conferences. Hotels never have enough parking, so it spills over. All it takes is one ICE thinking that those chargers won't be used at night (assuming they are thinking at all), and all the rest will follow suit. The patrol car certainly didn't help -- that pretty much told everyone it was OK to park there.

Reactions: Cooksomerice