Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ICE'd in Alexandria

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I never even aware the Chargerville site. I only use PlugShare to see the comments and pictures regarding any charging area while planning my trips.

upload_2017-1-31_19-41-45.png

upload_2017-1-31_19-41-6.png

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
This one scares me. I used it recently during a weekday and it was clear, luckily. But its proximity to the hotel lobby makes it risky on busy nights/weekends as others have mentioned. And the brick wall makes rear acess impossible. And it's critical for driving this corridor. Really bad combination of factors for ICE'ing!

I've imagined trying to pull the SC cable through the fence at the adjacent lot in a pinch. Anyone know if that could possibly work?

I think Tesla needs one cable long enough to stretch past a parked ICE for emergencies in high risk SC locations like this. Or a SC adapter for the mobile connector to get at least a partial charge when desperate.

Considering all exits in the area, the airport exit would seem the more logical choice.
I agree. In fact, the first time I used this supercharger, I quickly looked at the route the car planned and I assumed it was exit 90 - Air Base Road. I actually think the Welcome Center on exit 94 would be a much better location.

As it exists, it is still quite conveniently located maybe 2 minutes from the exit.
There is a distinct difference between close and convenient. Yes, it's only a few blocks, but it is a maze of small one-way streets to get to. It isn't exactly convenient when compared to other superchargers... like Shreveport.

The four times I've been there, all hours of the day and week/weekend, there's never been more than one ICE'd spot. I guess I've been lucky.

Been planning last weekend's trip for a month. Alexandria SC's checkered history bothered me. FINALLY after three tries got a response from Tesla 10 days ago - "We'll jump right on it!".

Mirabile Dictu! Three days later the Navigation app in the car showed the SC up and running. ABRP showed it up and running. Squeaky wheel gets the grease, I guess...

Saturday and Sunday evening 6/20/20 there was a big event in the hotel and at the church across the street. Nary an ICE, plenty charging speed.

6-21/20 late afternoon wide open.

Hotel very nice, clean rest rooms, although we purchased some cold drinks, hotel desk told us to go ahead and play through.

Oh yes, the white Tesla cones were nowhere to be seen...