Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"ICEed" By a Tesla Roadster at Park Meadows SuperCharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep several of the following notes printed up and place them on the windshield of any car parked in an EV charging slot. I think it helps.

Please do not park in the places for electric vehicles. At the moment there are not many places to charge an electric car and many of us early adopters plan our routes on how and where we can charge. If we arrive and all parking spaces are full we could be left stranded.

By having people drive electric vehicles it helps you by helping to keep a lid on the demand and price of gasoline. If demand for gasoline drops then the prices can stabilize, but if we all use more gas we can be sure the prices will continue to rise.

So please help keep these spaces open for those people that need them.

Thank you

It is true that the store has traditionally allowed any Tesla owner to park in those spots as long as you call ahead or walk into the store after parking and get permission. In fact, I have used those spots for my last 2 Christmas shopping excursions. Alas, now that the superchargers are there, I have to park with the rest of the sheep.

I live very close to the store so I am not personally concerned with this particular supercharger being ICE'd. Heck, I could be one of those cheap locals who only use supercharger power (I don't). I am more concerned with Glenwood Springs. It's in a hotel parking lot, so if that one gets ICE'd, you could be screwed for the night.

Several months ago, I sent a complaint to a hotel where the Blink charger spots were blocked by ICEs.

When I visited the hotel this weekend - they had fixed the problem - no ICEs parked in the Blink spots.

Their solution - they repainted the parking spots with large green graphics stating "Reserved for EV Charging" - and no one parked there!

Perhaps Tesla could try doing this with the Supercharger spots - and a simple repainting of the parking spots might reduce the number of times supercharger spots are ICEd...

> I am more concerned with Glenwood Springs. It's in a hotel parking lot, so if that one gets ICE'd, you could be screwed for the night. [Beavis]

If this, then go to the Front Desk with the 6 plate numbers and they can look up & call the perps. Also they can call the Front Desk across the way at the other Marriott if necessary. Clerks would prefer you don't drive up on sidewalk to access charge cable (you've already kindly offered to do just that!) so they will likely get action. Ex night clerk here.
--

> I am more concerned with Glenwood Springs. It's in a hotel parking lot, so if that one gets ICE'd, you could be screwed for the night. [Beavis]

If this, then go to the Front Desk with the 6 plate numbers and they can look up & call the perps. Also they can call the Front Desk across the way at the other Marriott if necessary. Clerks would prefer you don't drive up on sidewalk to access charge cable (you've already kindly offered to do just that!) so they will likely get action. Ex night clerk here.
--

Also, most of the problem at Glenwood has been solved since the hotel started using orange cones to block off the Supercharger spaces.

The supercharger IS listed in the Tesla Supercharger Directory

The expectation is then therefore it's available for Model S charging on a road trip. Vehicles that are not or can not use the supercharger should not park there. It's not reasonable to expect all other vehicles to be aware of this, so signage should be posted. I'd rather expect a roadster owner to grasp this, however.