TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

ICE'ed

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by ai4px, May 29, 2018.

1. ai4px

ai4px Member

Anyone ever think about printing business cards that say "Thanks ICEhole" or a more police message? I thought about getting 500 business cards printed up to keep in the glovebox. :D We were at the Florence South Carolina SC the other day and out of 18 spots, 6 were taken by ICE cars simply because they were close to the food court. Plenty of parking spots all over the mall, just a few self-entitled folks.

2. Barry

Barry Active Member

Already been done. There were some threads a few years ago with suggested text (more politically correct). Don't forget to include the pic you put on qrz. That'll scare them :)

3. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

4. arcus

arcus Active Member

I don't using offensive back is helping us at all. If anything, this is an opportunity to educate people that EV charging station is just like the gas station to them. Pissing them off in return is not a fix.

• Like x 3
  5. ai4px

ai4px Member

I'd forgotten about that picture. Been 15 years since I took that one. Who says a 44mag is the most powerful handgun? I think it's a savage 243 with a bipod and a thing on the stock to tell time. :)

6. rhumbliner

rhumbliner Member

Keep in mind that sometimes SC spots will allow 30 minutes general parking. Be certain the spot is Tesla-only before you leave a note.

• Like x 2
  7. bxr140

bxr140 Active Member

History has proven time and again that you can’t insult someone into agreeing with you.

ICEing happens because a) people don’t know any better, b) people don’t care, or c) they’re actively being a-holes.

Education helps with the first, reason can sometimes help with the second, and little you can do in the moment helps with the last.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  8. SPIKE's M3AWD

SPIKE's M3AWD Member

Aggreed. It is not worth getting upset about unless your Tesla can't make it to your final destination.

9. davewill

davewill Member

• Like x 1
  10. ai4px

ai4px Member

I like the Blink notices! thanks! Just what the doctor ordered.