Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ICE'ing at Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 363789 View attachment 363790 View attachment 363791
Ok, not sure why you said this but doing what these guys did is bad behavior so here are some pictures. This has not happened since and is very rare. Also not sure where you got the 55% number, only 6% of California’s power is imported from coal producers and as you could see from my signature I have solar.

I like the "Dick's" sign right above that one truck.

As others have said in this thread, I'm not sure what these guys are protesting or trying to prove. More EV's on the road makes for lower demand for gasoline/diesel, which should reduce the prices for those fuels in the long run. And of course, Tesla employs a huge American workforce, designing and assembling their vehicles right here in the States. It isn't like Tesla is some kind of foreign car maker trying to take over and destroy American automakers. I love my ICE vehicles, love working on them, and love my American made performance V8 engine; I love cars in general. I'm not sure what's not to like about Tesla. I hate having to call people nitwits and morons, but there just isn't much more to say about guys like these.

As others have said in this thread, I'm not sure what these guys are protesting or trying to prove. More EV's on the road makes for lower demand for gasoline/diesel, which should reduce the prices for those fuels in the long run. And of course, Tesla employs a huge American workforce, designing and assembling their vehicles right here in the States. It isn't like Tesla is some kind of foreign car maker trying to take over and destroy American automakers. I love my ICE vehicles, love working on them, and love my American made performance V8 engine; I love cars in general. I'm not sure what's not to like about Tesla. I hate having to call people nitwits and morons, but there just isn't much more to say about guys like these.
I grew up working on cars at a very young age, my dad and uncle owned the local repair shop in our town. Back in those days 1950’s and 1960’s you had a full service business, repairing parts rather than replacing. So I worked on all my ICE cars myself, so I agree not sure what prompted the above pictures.

View attachment 363789 View attachment 363790 View attachment 363791
Ok, not sure why you said this but doing what these guys did is bad behavior so here are some pictures. This has not happened since and is very rare. Also not sure where you got the 55% number, only 6% of California’s power is imported from coal producers and as you could see from my signature I have solar.

The reference to 55% is what proportion of electricity comes from coal in @SSedan's home state of Wisconsin. There is a world outside of California you know ;)

I also didn't read post as endorsing the bad behavior. It was merely saying that you can have positive interactions with people who drive trucks. Things aren't going to get better in this country by blanket demonizing people.

The reference to 55% is what proportion of electricity comes from coal in @SSedan's home state of Wisconsin. There is a world outside of California you know ;)

I also didn't read post as endorsing the bad behavior. It was merely saying that you can have positive interactions with people who drive trucks. Things aren't going to get better in this country by blanket demonizing people.
I understand it just bugs me when a big jacked up diesel truck goes out of his way to pull in front of me and spew a black cloud of fumes. This is a free country and I do not mind differences of opinions but this kind of behavior is uncalled for, do your thing but do not force it on others.

I understand it just bugs me when a big jacked up diesel truck goes out of his way to pull in front of me and spew a black cloud of fumes. This is a free country and I do not mind differences of opinions but this kind of behavior is uncalled for, do your thing but do not force it on others.

I agree with you. Behavior change is hard to get going. It is going to take baby steps. Some will be resistant to any change but many can be influenced once you show them their world view that was fed to them by biased media is bogus.

Reactions: APotatoGod

They aren’t trying to make a point. They are just idiots. These are the ignorant kids from HS that bullied for no reason. They are just getting kicks from F’n with someone.

I have printed several of these to keep in the glove box to put under "icing" vehicles wipers.

BY PARKING IN AN EV CHARGING SPACE WHILE MANY OTHER SPACES ARE AVAILABLE YOU HAVE PURPOSELY INCONVENIENCED A STRANGER FOR NO REASON OTHER THAN MEANESS. THE EV OWNER HAS A VEHICLE THAT IS HELPING TO MAKE THE PLANET A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE. APPARENTLY YOU DON'T AGREE WITH THAT PURPOSE. TELL YOUR CHILDREN WHAT YOU DID AND SEE WHAT THEY SAY. SHAME ON YOU !

I have printed several of these to keep in the glove box to put under "icing" vehicles wipers.

BY PARKING IN AN EV CHARGING SPACE WHILE MANY OTHER SPACES ARE AVAILABLE YOU HAVE PURPOSELY INCONVENIENCED A STRANGER FOR NO REASON OTHER THAN MEANESS. THE EV OWNER HAS A VEHICLE THAT IS HELPING TO MAKE THE PLANET A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE. APPARENTLY YOU DON'T AGREE WITH THAT PURPOSE. TELL YOUR CHILDREN WHAT YOU DID AND SEE WHAT THEY SAY. SHAME ON YOU !

I hope that isn't literal text.
1) Meanness has 2 Ns in it.
2) If you think they're mean, they won't care.
3) If they aren't mean, you've just lost your chance to persuade them to behave differently

Please don't do this. This methodology has been covered by countless threads and the consensus is such language being affixed to someone else's property does more harm than good. There are plenty of other possible explanations besides "meanness"?? as to why a vehicle may be parked where it should not be.

• Disagree
Reactions: lolder
Reactions: APotatoGod