Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ICE'ing at Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More trucks again!

j785jr8pdv721.jpg

I don't know that I believe the story that went along with this one. The original thread claims the truck owners were yelling profanities, but if you actually zoom in it doesn't look like anybody is in the trucks. Just looks like dimwits parking there to be dimwits.

Either way, Massachusetts has legislation that allows towns to enact fines for parking in EV spots.

Reactions: dhrivnak
I don't know that I believe the story that went along with this one. The original thread claims the truck owners were yelling profanities, but if you actually zoom in it doesn't look like anybody is in the trucks. Just looks like dimwits parking there to be dimwits.

Either way, Massachusetts has legislation that allows towns to enact fines for parking in EV spots.
The profanities were yelled in a different encounter not related to that picture

Honestly, I know it doesn't give us the instant gratification we want, but the best thing to do is report these incidents to the landowner, and the authorities if you feel their behavior is intimidating, aggressive or could be construed as dangerous. In the long run these guys' actions, and the publicizing of their idiocy is going to be our best friend.

There are already 7 states, DC and a big portion of Maryland that have laws against parking in EV spots if you're not an EV car. With continuing stories about jackasses like these people there will eventually be laws similar to handicap spots in most states, if not all.

Firstly I don't think this is in any way widespread but is getting picked up by the Electrek idiot with the sensationalized headline which then gets generalized and spread further by other media. I don't think giving this stuff any more airtime is helping, it's just giving morons more ideas and encouragement.

Without a doubt the best advice is call the cops if you feel in any way threatened. If there are stalls free, I don't give a crap if these idiots want to waste their time sitting in chargers.

As to the cause....

IMG_2336.jpg

Most of these dudes are like teenage/young men drivers. The more we keep putting light on this subject the worse it’s going to become. It’s goin to become them vs us, and remember they are teenagers so be careful where you park ur car or expect a nice long key scrat down the side when you walk out of a store.

Reactions: BerTX
See, now that is just uncivilized. And bold...depending on where you live you might run into people like I hung out with in my formative years who were likely to exact their own petty retribution. Flat tires, missing windshild wiper rubber, gas caps and tail gates, and zip ties around drive shafts were common when I was a teenager...

Now that I am an "adult" I would simply call parking enforcement. But not all who drive EV's are pushovers and at some point Sirs Macho are going to piss off the wrong idiot in a Tesla and this story will really get interesting. Hopefully it doesnt happen in a state where concealed carry is prevalent.

How many flat tires can an ICE truck roll on?

This is an official government study. I'm not kidding.

One caveat - I'm only doing this study at SuperChargers.

Just wondering if anyone in the Chicagoland area can help me with my experiment.

I'm desperate to get started.