Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Icon on Instrument Display that I can't identify

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a stylized "P" (almost looks italic and 3D) to the right of the rear quarter of the car display on instrument cluster. It is not the drive mode as I am in drive (not parked), at a stop light, left turn lane with traffic to my right, in front, and behind, with "Hill Hold" engaged and foot off brake pedal. It disappears when I start to move. Cannot find it in owners manual. Is it related to autopark? What else could it be?

Attachments

• Tesla S instrument display.jpg
    Tesla S instrument display.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 104
The problem is that it sometimes appears when there is nowhere near the space needed for parking available. Not sure what the sensors are looking at when this happens so be aware!

Oh yeah, my car likes to offer up autopark into the left turn lane while sitting at a light. Or, my favorite, just as I have finished backing into my parking space, it pops up offering to help me park. I haven't tried to actually use it yet - I am too chicken. Heard it might curb your wheels, etc.

Reactions: vraev
Oh yeah, my car likes to offer up autopark into the left turn lane while sitting at a light. Or, my favorite, just as I have finished backing into my parking space, it pops up offering to help me park. I haven't tried to actually use it yet - I am too chicken. Heard it might curb your wheels, etc.
Never tried it myself either. I usually park so far away from other cars there are no ‘spaces’ for it to see to offer me. :D

I usually forget all about those parking videos I watched before I bought the car!

I have used it a number of times, both parallel and perpendicular parking, and it has been flawless. It is nerve-wracking sometimes though.

I get it all the time while sitting at the lights. The only time I used autopark was at the supercharger/SC in Toronto. It is fantastic when it does it. Really does a good job..but it is nerve wracking to give up control between two other ~100K worth cars on either side of you. lol

Reactions: jrad6515