Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'd like an electric car rental for 4-6 weeks while my MS is in the shop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are four used Kia Soul EVs in the greater LA area. Were I in your spot I'd call each of those four dealers and propose this rental idea. The Soul EV should have no trouble making that trip. As I say, I've been in the wind and rain for an 86 mile hilly round trip and landed with range on the battery (around 8% and 6 miles listed for the worst weather). On a clear sunny day we don't even think twice about making the trip in the Soul. Just looking for options here other than the Volt which will burn gas for half of that trip.

• Informative
Reactions: GasKilla
There are four used Kia Soul EVs in the greater LA area. Were I in your spot I'd call each of those four dealers and propose this rental idea. The Soul EV should have no trouble making that trip. As I say, I've been in the wind and rain for an 86 mile hilly round trip and landed with range on the battery (around 8% and 6 miles listed for the worst weather). On a clear sunny day we don't even think twice about making the trip in the Soul. Just looking for options here other than the Volt which will burn gas for half of that trip.
I previously found one on Turo but the daily price they wanted was far above my budget. I'll look into the rental option with those guys.

Just to follow up ... I've ended up renting a Fiat 500e on Turo. Although I've had some "range anxiety" with my 75 mile a day commute I've actually been able to get home with around 20% left, granted I'm driving at or below the speed limit on the freeway but I'm able to make my commute and not use gas!

Yes I very much miss my autopilot and everything else Tesla but it's an EV so that makes me happy.