TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

ID/Password to read telemetry ?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ElectricTundra, Jan 11, 2016.

1. ElectricTundra

It'd be nice if we could grant others read-only access to certain pieces of info without write/update capability. EG, provide telemetry & charging info to an app that logs trip info or to EV Trip Planner to improve calcs.

2. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Well-Known Member

There are a number of tools, apps, and services that do this.

Check the threads on TeslaLog, EVMote, Visible Tesla, etc.

TeslaLog.com - Your hosted Tesla Data Logger - Announcement / Support threads

Project Cartesia - Launch, Updates and Support

VisibleTesla

3. ElectricTundra

Do these require your Tesla login credentials to access the data? If so, then do they also have access to data you might not want others to have access to? Do they also have access to control your account or car?

4. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Well-Known Member

Visible Tesla is a program you run on your own computer.

The other two are services and the people running them have explained in the threads how they are handling token requests, passwords, etc. I'm not going to attempt to restate what they have said here. That's why I provided pointers to the threads. Your first post made it sound like you didn't know any of these possibilities existed, so I was trying to help you out.