Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Idaho Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
:) Didn’t see a waiting room for Idaho. So I figured I would start one. Ended up ordering in early November as after looking, I was convinced that even here in Idaho with all our remoteness, Tesla and it’s charging networking range will allow me to go ahead and commit now. So in line with and EDD of between March 10 and April 7.

I am in Hailey, and will take delivery in Boise. Ordered in SLC right after my test drive there on Nov. 10.

I know of @DrGriz also waiting. I think also for blue if I saw correctly. Who else?

Reactions: IdaX
Placed the order in late August. EDD was December. Came back from a raft trip Sept 3 to an EDD of ~9/15 which pushed out to 9/21-9/30 and then pushed back to December. Quite the Rodeo. Live in McCall. Been thinking about an EV since 2018 when we installed solar and Tesla batteries and went net <0. Should have pulled the trigger in February, but who knew?

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
I am back to June EDD this morning. Will not worry about it for now anyways, as that was my original expectation. As I have talked about with @DrGriz , I am also moving forward with plans to install solar next summer/building season, to take advantage of our Sun Valley area sun. So I am going about this slightly in reverse of the good DrGriz, but with similar intent. Hoping for at least net zero when the whole system is installed, car charging included, and adding energy storage down the road a bit as batteries/tech improves a bit. We can get the energy production out of our roofs. I don’t mind staying on the grid for now. But will be nice to have the option to be off within a few years.

2 days out from beginning of EDD and still no VIN. Recognized that this was a possibility based on what others have posted, and for that matter, it happened to me when during the EOQ push in September I had a couple of different EDDs that came and went without me getting a car. Best not to get excited. I guess I'd rather have no VIN than have one and then have it pulled like some have experienced.

2 days out from beginning of EDD and still no VIN. Recognized that this was a possibility based on what others have posted, and for that matter, it happened to me when during the EOQ push in September I had a couple of different EDDs that came and went without me getting a car. Best not to get excited. I guess I'd rather have no VIN than have one and then have it pulled like some have experienced.
Keep us posted. I guess patience is key. I would guess you are a little closer to the Boise pick up location than I am. Still, with travel times (5+ hours including both directions for me) it is not something that I can do just any day, depending on work and other schedule requirements. Will be interested to see how it goes for you.

Keep us posted. I guess patience is key. I would guess you are a little closer to the Boise pick up location than I am. Still, with travel times (5+ hours including both directions for me) it is not something that I can do just any day, depending on work and other schedule requirements. Will be interested to see how it goes for you.
Depends on when they open up Highway 55 again. The road widening project has turned into a road narrowing project as the cliffside near Smith's Ferry keeps falling onto the road. It adds 2 hours to the round trip making it 6.5 hours or more to the SC.

Pushed out again after entering my EDD today. Also went from a 2 week window to 4 weeks again. I know it does no good, but in the absence of information we tend to fill our minds with all sorts of theories as to why the delays. The last day of my flavor of the moment EDD will be 6 months to the day since my order. The Teslike spreadsheet reports a 98 day average wait to delivery from order. Also, the 3 of us are the only Idaho orders on the spreadsheet. Maybe there's just not enough reason for Tesla to send a delivery truck our way...

Pushed out again after entering my EDD today. Also went from a 2 week window to 4 weeks again. I know it does no good, but in the absence of information we tend to fill our minds with all sorts of theories as to why the delays. The last day of my flavor of the moment EDD will be 6 months to the day since my order. The Teslike spreadsheet reports a 98 day average wait to delivery from order. Also, the 3 of us are the only Idaho orders on the spreadsheet. Maybe there's just not enough reason for Tesla to send a delivery truck our way...
Hang in there- easy for me to say as I’m only 30 days in. Hope you get movement in the good direction soon!

I am in the same situation. If my existing EDD holds and I get the car on the last day of the EDD, it will have been one day short from 6 months from my OD. I am in Kansas City and there aren't a lot of orders on the spreadsheet from my location either. Definitely think that plays into the extended timeframe from order to delivery.

I am in the same situation. If my existing EDD holds and I get the car on the last day of the EDD, it will have been one day short from 6 months from my OD. I am in Kansas City and there aren't a lot of orders on the spreadsheet from my location either. Definitely think that plays into the extended timeframe from order to delivery.
I totally think my EDD will change before I get the vehicle, but how many times and in which direction is a mystery.

Just ordered a Model Y three days ago. Had on hold since August. Happy I did since it has gone up in price 6k. Still says delivery to be determined. How long did it take after you ordered to get an estimation date? Anxious in Eagle Idaho.

Within a day or two for me. Don’t recall exactly, but about that.
Great, then I should expect something soon. However, I am sure it will change a few times. Would actually prefer a late spring delivery more than winter anyway. I had so many different opinions on where I would be put in the queue from an August hold date. A rep at the Boise service center said don't be surprised if I get my car delivered before the end of the quarter! (Can't imagine that.) Others said don't expect it before mid-summer at the soonest. We will see :-/

Great, then I should expect something soon. However, I am sure it will change a few times. Would actually prefer a late spring delivery more than winter anyway. I had so many different opinions on where I would be put in the queue from an August hold date. A rep at the Boise service center said don't be surprised if I get my car delivered before the end of the quarter! (Can't imagine that.) Others said don't expect it before mid-summer at the soonest. We will see :-/
I ordered my online on my phone, sitting outside Squatter’s Pub in downtown SLC waiting for my table, after test driving when I was down there early last month. I think I had the estimated date the next morning or so as I now recall. Maybe not until I was hone after driving. But, it should come soon. My EDD has shifted around a bit, and that history shows in my sig line. I will pick up in Boise, but have spoken to no one there. My Sales Associate, the young women how helped me out with the test drive, is down in SLC.

I ordered my online on my phone, sitting outside Squatter’s Pub in downtown SLC waiting for my table, after test driving when I was down there early last month. I think I had the estimated date the next morning or so as I now recall. Maybe not until I was hone after driving. But, it should come soon. My EDD has shifted around a bit, and that history shows in my sig line. I will pick up in Boise, but have spoken to no one there. My Sales Associate, the young women how helped me out with the test drive, is down in SLC.
Still haven't received anything. Hope I didn't screw something up. It is a crazy process. Who would believe you could order a $60,000+ car and never speak with a soul. I am sure if I would have purchased another luxury brand they would be calling ME non-stop. I have found it frustrating and nearly impossible to get information from the wizards behind the curtain. I have been to the service center in Boise a few times. They seem very helpful there but the associates often know less about the current tesla news than I do. BTW I used to live in Hailey . I taught at WRHS and was the head boys basketball coach from 1981-88. Great memories.