Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Idaho Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted this in the Model 3 Performance waiting room, but thought I would throw it up in here since it will be delivered to Boise (I am actually over in Ontario). I originally ordered a Long Range, but switched it to a Performance last night.

Still (as of right now) have the same EDD.

M3 Performance, Deep Blue Metallic, Black interior, no FSD
OD: 4/12(Long Range)
1st: EDD: 7/22-9/2 (Long Range)
2nd EDD: 7/22-9/2 (Upgraded to Performance on 5/12)
Sorry guys. Searched Idaho, didn't see this was a Model Y thread (Thread fail). Carry on.

I posted this in the Model 3 Performance waiting room, but thought I would throw it up in here since it will be delivered to Boise (I am actually over in Ontario). I originally ordered a Long Range, but switched it to a Performance last night.

Still (as of right now) have the same EDD.

M3 Performance, Deep Blue Metallic, Black interior, no FSD
OD: 4/12(Long Range)
1st: EDD: 7/22-9/2 (Long Range)
2nd EDD: 7/22-9/2 (Upgraded to Performance on 5/12)
Will be interested to see if the performance moves you up. Fair or not, it seems most have. I considered the Performance as well, but the extreme wear on tires made me hesitate. I figured I would get the performance boost to get me part of the way there. Good luck...keep us informed.

That’s such BS, I’m sorry. You ordered way earlier but have to wait longer. Just not a fair system :-/
Believe me, I have been tempted more than once to upgrade to the MYP to speed things up but I am going to hold out. I'm sure another thing that works against me is that I originally ordered in August and then released the hold in December. So I am saving 8k or so on today's pricing. Hope you enjoy your car. You will have to let us know about your delivery experience. I sure am seeing a ton more Teslas on the road here in Boise so SOMEBODY is getting them!!!

Reactions: BearlyAdulting
So my shortened EDD range starts today. No VIN yet. I am hanging out also in a November order date thread, and MYLR order people over there are starting to get VIN’s or shortened ranges, etc., and are having things happen like contact from the SA’s regarding trade in (I had that happen too, I don’t have one), etc. I also learned about some way you can get a Chrome browser extension to look into the source code for the page for your order details to search for a VIN that is not showing on the actual page yet. Apparently that can happen a couple days before it shows for you on the normal page interface. I didn’t find anything that way last night. But, based on what is happening on the November order thread, should be soon!

So my shortened EDD range starts today. No VIN yet. I am hanging out also in a November order date thread, and MYLR order people over there are starting to get VIN’s or shortened ranges, etc., and are having things happen like contact from the SA’s regarding trade in (I had that happen too, I don’t have one), etc. I also learned about some way you can get a Chrome browser extension to look into the source code for the page for your order details to search for a VIN that is not showing on the actual page yet. Apparently that can happen a couple days before it shows for you on the normal page interface. I didn’t find anything that way last night. But, based on what is happening on the November order thread, should be soon!
The browser extension that looks for the VIN didn't do anything for me. I checked daily and I found out through the app updating before I saw anything in the browser. Don't be surprised if the EDD pushes out when you get a VIN, because the delivery truck schedule may add time. So pay attention when the EDD changes next. That might be your VIN day!

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
Got insurance set up with USAA, and a financing quote if I use it (will talk to my investment guy first and see if I want to. Rates are about 3 and a half). And went ahead and did an app on Tesla’s site to see what kind of deal there is there.

Will go ahead and finalize the order on my floor and cargo areas mats, and a couple other things I know I want, and then get the rest as I go and get to know the car. I think I will go ahead and get the front ”bra” worth of protection put on also.

Reactions: DrGriz
Got insurance set up with USAA, and a financing quote if I use it (will talk to my investment guy first and see if I want to. Rates are about 3 and a half). And went ahead and did an app on Tesla’s site to see what kind of deal there is there.

Will go ahead and finalize the order on my floor and cargo areas mats, and a couple other things I know I want, and then get the rest as I go and get to know the car. I think I will go ahead and get the front ”bra” worth of protection put on also.
Wow, great news! I ordered about 3.5 weeks after you with same configuration except color...hopefully something will happen soon, although mine still sits July 8 - August 18. Good for you! Keep us updated.

Hello Everyone -

Figured I'd say hi as a fellow Idahoan livin' on the other side of the tracks in Eastern Idaho. Was a big Tesla Fanboy back in 2014 when I grabbed a 2014 P85+ and then shortly after a P85D. It was back in the day when in Orange County, CA you could drive for miles and miles and not see another Tesla and eagerly seek out the M5's and AMG's to destroy off the line. Boy have things changed in So Cal, in the span of a blink you will have seen at least 5-10 Tesla.

Anyway after quite the hiatus I am super excited about the MYP I ordered just a few days ago on 05/18/2022. Yeh I should have pulled the trigger a lot sooner especially with the price increases but better late then never.

MYP - MSM - NO FSD : EDD July 31 - Sept. 11th... I am prepared to be super frustrated and try to be patient.

I had a few question I was hoping you guys might have answers to.

1) I'm assuming SLC will be my pickup location? Or will they do Home Delivery? Is that not recommended?

2) Tires on the 21 Uberturbines... am I screwed? Or will they at least put some all-season on the 21's? It seems from the posts I have read that it is hit and miss with what they come on? I've already been checking out Tsportline do drop down to 19 for winter. They even have 18's now that honestly seem very interesting to me.

3) The one thing that frustrates me still about Tesla is how they just introduce new features whenever they can/feel like it. My first P85+ delivery was super frustrating as there was one next to me being delivered that was made a week after mine that had the first gen auto-pilot. It was quite the rub and that's why I shortly ended up with a P85D with auto-pilot. Then there was the whole debacle of Next Gen seats that I ordered but got literally a year later. Anyway where are you guys finding all this update info? Laminated Glass, Battery chemistry etc. I have searched the forums but can't really find anything specific.

Thank you for your time

Reactions: DrGriz
Hello Everyone -

Figured I'd say hi as a fellow Idahoan livin' on the other side of the tracks in Eastern Idaho. Was a big Tesla Fanboy back in 2014 when I grabbed a 2014 P85+ and then shortly after a P85D. It was back in the day when in Orange County, CA you could drive for miles and miles and not see another Tesla and eagerly seek out the M5's and AMG's to destroy off the line. Boy have things changed in So Cal, in the span of a blink you will have seen at least 5-10 Tesla.

Anyway after quite the hiatus I am super excited about the MYP I ordered just a few days ago on 05/18/2022. Yeh I should have pulled the trigger a lot sooner especially with the price increases but better late then never.

MYP - MSM - NO FSD : EDD July 31 - Sept. 11th... I am prepared to be super frustrated and try to be patient.

1) I'm assuming SLC will be my pickup location? Or will they do Home Delivery? Is that not recommended?

2) Tires on the 21 Uberturbines... am I screwed? Or will they at least put some all-season on the 21's? It seems from the posts I have read that it is hit and miss with what they come on? I've already been checking out Tsportline do drop down to 19 for winter. They even have 18's now that honestly seem very interesting to me.

3) The one thing that frustrates me still about Tesla is how they just introduce new features whenever they can/feel like it. My first P85+ delivery was super frustrating as there was one next to me being delivered that was made a week after mine that had the first gen auto-pilot. It was quite the rub and that's why I shortly ended up with a P85D with auto-pilot. Then there was the whole debacle of Next Gen seats that I ordered but got literally a year later. Anyway where are you guys finding all this update info? Laminated Glass, Battery chemistry etc. I have searched the forums but can't really find anything specific.

Thank you for your time
I got my MYP in March and it came fitted with the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season tires. It’s kind of a crap shoot, but hopefully you’ll get the AS. You should also get free front mud flaps and rear quarter PPF due to being in a “winter“ climate.

Hello Everyone -

Thank you for your time
Thanks for checking in. I am sure you have a lot of experience to share.

I think you can designate your pickup location. We are in McCall, Boise region, and there was no offer for home delivery when it came down to it. When we visited the Boise Tesla store a year ago, they said they would be happy to deliver to McCall, but in actuality that was never an option. I am glad we didn't, because there were a couple of things that needed to be fixed and it would not have happened at home, requiring another service visit.

The new hardware stuff shows up in the forum in multiple places, and is usually announced by Tesla resulting a bunch of threads going here. The last real change for model Y was around January, when they added lithium battery/heated wiper tray/AMD chip/different harness. It was off and on for a while and my February car somehow missed out on the change. So I feel your pain. I haven't heard of anyone getting the old hardware for a while.

I got my MYP in March and it came fitted with the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season tires. It’s kind of a crap shoot, but hopefully you’ll get the AS. You should also get free front mud flaps and rear quarter PPF due to being in a “winter“ climate.
Yes Csrpenfab - your post was the one that excited me the most when you had mentioned the Michelin All Season. What are you thoughts on them? Are you tempted down the road to drop down to 19's with something a little better suited for winter?
Thanks for checking in. I am sure you have a lot of experience to share.

I think you can designate your pickup location. We are in McCall, Boise region, and there was no offer for home delivery when it came down to it. When we visited the Boise Tesla store a year ago, they said they would be happy to deliver to McCall, but in actuality that was never an option. I am glad we didn't, because there were a couple of things that needed to be fixed and it would not have happened at home, requiring another service visit.

The new hardware stuff shows up in the forum in multiple places, and is usually announced by Tesla resulting a bunch of threads going here. The last real change for model Y was around January, when they added lithium battery/heated wiper tray/AMD chip/different harness. It was off and on for a while and my February car somehow missed out on the change. So I feel your pain. I haven't heard of anyone getting the old hardware for a while.
DrGriz: Yes, I was thinking the same thing. If there are little issues it's much better to be there then 250 miles away from the Service Center. I just know many friends that took home delivery in Southern California but it was however during the full swing of Covid. I was just curious if that was the way they were trying to take the company but it seems like it's back to the service center deliveries.

In terms of hardware I am reminded that when I picked up the P85D I missed out on the heated steering wheel. Another little thing that irked me but at the time I was in Southern California where it's not that needed and I got the Auto Pilot that I really wanted. So life went on and enjoyed my Tesla.