Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Idaho Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys need some advice... so being here in Eastern Idaho I was definitely planning on switching out the wheels. 19's most likely but honestly kind of digging the 18's. For some reason I like the look of more rubber on the Y, being a more crossover/SUV look. That being said T-Sportline is having their Memorial Day sale right now but I was kind of figuring waiting till the 4th of July, assuming they would have another sale and I would be able to gauge if my EDD, Originally July 31 to Sept 11, changes at all.

But then I start worrying about supply chain issue, price increases and maybe it's better just to order now.

What do you guys think of 18 vs 19?

Should I order now or hold onto my money for at least another month to see if the EDD changes?

Thanks
I agree that 18s with same or more diameter tires will potentially give you a better ride on rough roads and maybe (lighter wheels) better range. If you are sure that's the route you want to go, I would not wait. If you think you might want to see how it goes with stock, of course, it is reasonable to wait. After all, you will have to deal with getting rid of your stock wheels and tires at some point if you go with 18s. It's a little harder to get rid of that stuff in IF or McCall than in California at this point, I imagine. So there's that.

Reactions: jstepy
If it were me I think I would hold off until I saw them and tested them "in the flesh". I have heard such conflicting opinions once people did some real world driving. There will always be sales and like Griz said, selling them might be a little challenging here to get top $. Plus who knows with the Tesla delivery wizardry - you and I both might be months and months away 🤷🏼 Just my 2 cents...

Reactions: jstepy
Yes - I decided to hold off. Like you both said who knows when I will actually see this vehicle. I do drive down to Souther California every 6 weeks or so, the plan would be to take them down there and list on Craigslist etc. Definitely would be a hard sale in Idaho.

Reactions: DrGriz
I agree that 18s with same or more diameter tires will potentially give you a better ride on rough roads and maybe (lighter wheels) better range. If you are sure that's the route you want to go, I would not wait. If you think you might want to see how it goes with stock, of course, it is reasonable to wait. After all, you will have to deal with getting rid of your stock wheels and tires at some point if you go with 18s. It's a little harder to get rid of that stuff in IF or McCall than in California at this point, I imagine. So there's that.
Thinking I might do 18’s for my snow wheels and tires, and keep my stock for summer. Seems like that might make sense.

Thinking I might do 18’s for my snow wheels and tires, and keep my stock for summer. Seems like that might make sense.
I too was thinking of that as well, but it’s the dang potholes that scare me. I have had so many bent wheels from those things. Granted most of the potholes are in the winter months when I’d have the 18’s on… I honestly need to just relax and realize I have plenty of time to decide. It’s not like the car is showing up next week.

Yeah, I think if I had had a few more months to sort all of that out, that's what I would have done. The stock Contis made me feel real uncomfortable in the snow/ice and when I lucked into the Hakkas I wanted I decided not to mess around. Maybe next set!

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
Yeah, I think if I had had a few more months to sort all of that out, that's what I would have done. The stock Contis made me feel real uncomfortable in the snow/ice and when I lucked into the Hakkas I wanted I decided not to mess around. Maybe next set!
It’s funny, 4 years ago moving to Eastern Idaho from Southern California I was forced to learn all about winter tire setups. When I was recommended Hakkapelittas from a friend for my son’s Ford Focus RS I thought they were making up tire names. Did research and found out how highly reviewed they were. Even in drift mode in the RS those tires are like magnets to the ground. I love those tires in the winter!

They will be going on our Subaru WRX next winter as well.

Doing my rounds to my various delivery/waiting room threads I joined. Cross posting the same info.

Finally got an official delivery date. Boise, June 7, noon! I tried to schedule at various times over the weekend, but the scheduling system kept saying no appointments available, and the toll free line you are referred to either couldn’t help yet, or was not taking calls at the time. Meanwhile, I was getting messages and emails urging me to schedule my appointment or my order would be put on hold and car given away to the next person. Argh! The people I have worked with have been great. The system needs work

Doing my rounds to my various delivery/waiting room threads I joined. Cross posting the same info.

Finally got an official delivery date. Boise, June 7, noon! I tried to schedule at various times over the weekend, but the scheduling system kept saying no appointments available, and the toll free line you are referred to either couldn’t help yet, or was not taking calls at the time. Meanwhile, I was getting messages and emails urging me to schedule my appointment or my order would be put on hold and car given away to the next person. Argh! The people I have worked with have been great. The system needs work
You lucky dog! Very envious :cool:

Boise store takes it's holidays seriously!

• Funny

That’s amazing, congrats!! What was your original order date?

Ok, ordered my interior organizational stuff from Teslerati, along with the QuickBandit thing, and got the CCS1 adapter from Harumio, and will need to get the other adapter kit or a couple others for RV parks. But otherwise covered. So for now, should be pretty geared up with all my initial accessorizing needs covered. May add something to hold my water bottle later but wanting to see if the side pocket will work there. Getting excited for Tuesday!

Ok, ordered my interior organizational stuff from Teslerati, along with the QuickBandit thing, and got the CCS1 adapter from Harumio, and will need to get the other adapter kit or a couple others for RV parks. But otherwise covered. So for now, should be pretty geared up with all my initial accessorizing needs covered. May add something to hold my water bottle later but wanting to see if the side pocket will work there. Getting excited for Tuesday!
Side pocket should be good. Excited for you! You will be good to go!

Maybe we should all just turn and burn, for those of us that ordered early. Saw a MYLR with 5,600 miles on it sold for $79,600. White - Black with no upgrades. If we didn't have to wait another 16 months for another car it might be tempting. Secondary market for Teslas is crazy.

Maybe we should all just turn and burn, for those of us that ordered early. Saw a MYLR with 5,600 miles on it sold for $79,600. White - Black with no upgrades. If we didn't have to wait another 16 months for another car it might be tempting. Secondary market for Teslas is crazy.
yeah, tempting. But that doesn't get me where I want to go, which is driving not on fossil fuels. The market will catch up eventually, I am guessing. Elon has a head start for sure, and has been smart about putting in a supporting charging network, and working on securing supply issues as best as they reasonably could, and with regard to scaling production. But the company has not been immune to the pandemic and subsequent supply chain issues. The others just don't seem to quite be there yet with regard to scaling, design (smart range vs. bigger batteries), things like that. (Ford shutting off orders so early on Mustangs, this year, etc.) But new vehicles, and some of them pretty interesting ones, are starting to come on line, once the other companies can get production back on track.

Oh, also, got a free ride with a friend (friend's Dad with whom I am also a friend) who is headed over to Boise on Tues. AM back to his home there from his Fisher Creek place, coming through Hailey. So bonus! Works out perfectly!
I would have loved to come meet you and see the process, but we are heading to San Diego for a week on Sunday. We may have to meet and get a lunch the next time we are in SV or you make a return trip to Boise. (hopefully not for a service call :cool: )