Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Idaho Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Starting to get a little frustrated and confused! I watch all of you have your EDD's bounce all over the place and mine is yet to move after a month and a half...still says September (my original estimate). Anyone else have their original EDD still??

I've test driven M3(P) and MY(P) from the Boise location several times. I ordered on September 8th, which at the time said January delivery. My initial EDD shortly thereafter was mid-December to mid-January but quickly changed to mid-Jan to mid-Feb which is pretty much where it has stayed until today. Admittedly, since the new year I've been checking every day since I was only two weeks out (best case), so today I'm a little upset to see that I've been moved to Feb 21-Mar 21.

I'm hoping this improves my chances for the rear window glazing, Ryzen and lithium 12V.

TLDR;
OD: 9/8/2021
Current EDD: Feb 21-Mar 21
MYLR White on White/Black / 19" / Standard AP

That's fast! Wonder how you pulled that off!
Haha, I actually called my wife to tell her to open her Tesla app to see the " We're Building your Car" status. Since it's her car. While jokingly saying I called Elon to tell him to expedite the order since we need it by Feb 20. 😆

Joking aside. From previous experience, they tend to prioritize high margin configs first. I also might have been lucky on the production cycle. I know Tesla builds cars in batches. So if they are not scheduled to build your config. You might be waiting anywhere from several weeks to months. I've experience this on my M3 LR order in 2019.

Ordered 12/28/2021. Blue MYP, Tow Hitch, White Interior. Got an EDD of 1/13/2022 - 2/10/2022 today.
Nice! I have a nearly identical MYP build, except black interior. Ordered 12/9/21 with an original EDD of 3/11 to 4/8. EDD then moved to 1/14-2/11, and then on New Year's eve it moved to the current EDD of 2/6/22-3/6/22. Don't be surprised if yours bounces around as well. I'll take a March delivery if it comes from Austin with all the new doo-dads!

Haha, I actually called my wife to tell her to open her Tesla app to see the " We're Building your Car" status. Since it's her car. While jokingly saying I called Elon to tell him to expedite the order since we need it by Feb 20. 😆

Joking aside. From previous experience, they tend to prioritize high margin configs first. I also might have been lucky on the production cycle. I know Tesla builds cars in batches. So if they are not scheduled to build your config. You might be waiting anywhere from several weeks to months. I've experience this on my M3 LR order in 2019.
I agree with all of that. Except the "we're building your car" which went into everyone's app during an app update a couple of months ago. Mine's said that since before Thanksgiving.

Really, I think it's the "P". I think it stands for "Profit" rather than "Performance". 😃

"We're building your car" and the EDD was never on the app or website. Both just appeared today.
I got the "we're building your car" right after I ordered on 12/9/21 and set up the Tesla App. Since then, it's changed to the EDD range that moves often...
Tesla order.png

Reactions: DrGriz
Don't be surprised if yours bounces around as well.
Yeah, I'm not holding my breath. 😆

I'll take a March delivery if it comes from Austin with all the new doo-dads!
Crossing my fingers that we atleast get the new Ryzen CPU and 15.5v Li-ion battery. I wish we could stretch the delivery to March for the new stuff coming from Austin. But we need the car by Feb 20.

Last edited:
Ah! Yah I think you’re right. They just changed the text on that first screen.
You can imagine how excited I got when that verbiage came up! Those of us in the August waiting room have been tricked so many times by Tesla we are pretty cynical. "Building your car," EDD of 2 weeks, EDD of 2 days, EDD about to start, Update your trade in details. Even an assigned VIN can be taken away. Appointment to pick up: also a rug to be pulled out from under you. Don't believe anything until you are actually driving the car.

My current "Schedule" screen:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220105-134541_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220105-134541_Tesla.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 38
Hoping you’ve moved up. As of this morning, I’m at Jan 13-Jan 22 EDD!!
Looks like they are building a lot of white Model Ys in the next few weeks. Bunch of them from the August thread got VINs in the last couple of days. MSM is probably next, then Blues. I'll have to decide whether I want to have it without snow tires this season. From what I've heard, they are few and far between in our size.