Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Idaho Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! Let us know how it goes, with some detail if you can remember to, so we all can learn how it works here in the Gem state!
Well my EDD before this 4-day window had started yesterday with no news so I was a little disappointed. I had a txt queued up to the SA here in Boise which I planned to send this morning but woke up to a VIN showing up in the app. I wasn't sure how the VIN part worked either, if you got a text message or if it just showed up. For me, I just happened to be obsessively looking at the app starting from the time I wake up, so there it was (no text/sms yet, maybe that happens as well, I'll let you know if I get something).

Once the VIN shows up, you have to:
  1. 'Accept' the Tesla Vision terms of service, which takes you to the browser, read the TOS and accept.
  2. After doing that, go back to the app where the other options light up within the "Continue" button (Insurance, Final Payment, Agreements)
  3. Upload proof of Insurance
  4. You have the option of connecting to your bank account directly from the app if you want to avoid the cashier's check stuff
For what it's worth my VIN is in the 359xxx range.

DrGriz:

No movement for 6 weeks tomorrow.

That's rough. Especially with a late August OD. Hoping for both you guys that the Blue ones aren't far behind.

Last edited:
Just went to the showroom here in Boise, one of the SA’s was super helpful. Apparently my car has the updated processor (AMD) but she can’t check on the 12V battery.

As far as delivery dates go, she said that the way it works is they have to have 8 cars ready to ship before they actually transport. So my actual delivery date (ADD?) will likely be anywhere from Jan 20 through Feb 1 but hopefully sooner. It really just depends on when the cars destined for my transport truck roll off the line.

Hoping for the 20th but happy to have the “promise” of the new processor for now. I’ll verify once it’s here.

Just went to the showroom here in Boise, one of the SA’s was super helpful. Apparently my car has the updated processor (AMD) but she can’t check on the 12V battery.

As far as delivery dates go, she said that the way it works is they have to have 8 cars ready to ship before they actually transport. So my actual delivery date (ADD?) will likely be anywhere from Jan 20 through Feb 1 but hopefully sooner. It really just depends on when the cars destined for my transport truck roll off the line.

Hoping for the 20th but happy to have the “promise” of the new processor for now. I’ll verify once it’s here.
8 Cars. Interesting to see my hypothesis about loading the trucks confirmed. Still no word yet for me. I suppose that is because they aren't scheduled to do a run of blues quite yet. Will be interesting to see what develops.

Actually, filling an 8 car truck really must affect the order fulfillment and result in many last minute cancellations. Maddening.
Right! Probably a lot of shuffling from one truck to another when that crap happens, or those cars just become inventory cars at the destination. What I didn’t think to ask was if all 8 of those cars had to be Boise cars or if it could include drop-offs for Sacramento/Reno/SLC/etc. Of course it likely includes all models, so not just waiting on MYs.

Right! Probably a lot of shuffling from one truck to another when that crap happens, or those cars just become inventory cars at the destination. What I didn’t think to ask was if all 8 of those cars had to be Boise cars or if it could include drop-offs for Sacramento/Reno/SLC/etc. Of course it likely includes all models, so not just waiting on MYs.
Ask her next time you talk. It would be really revealing information.

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
Got the “schedule your Model Y delivery” text message this morning. Interestingly, it said “home delivery”. My choices were the 28th or 29th with a couple two hour time blocks for choices. So I’ll be getting my car on the 28th.

I’m curious if the home delivery thing is new or if I called and said I’d pickup from the showroom, if I could get it earlier.

Got the “schedule your Model Y delivery” text message this morning. Interestingly, it said “home delivery”. My choices were the 28th or 29th with a couple two hour time blocks for choices. So I’ll be getting my car on the 28th.

I’m curious if the home delivery thing is new or if I called and said I’d pickup from the showroom, if I could get it earlier.
Yeah, not sure why they decided to do a home delivery for you. IIRC it is sometimes an option. It would make sense that it might be ready for pickup sooner, but probably hours, not days. Picking up at the SC does give you a chance to go over it and have them fix minor issues on the spot. I might think about that.

Interestingly, when we did a test drive in April (4 months before pulling the trigger), we asked the Boise folks about home delivery to McCall and they enthusiastically said that they would be delighted. It will be interesting to see if they offer it to us when our time comes. I might depending on circumstances accept. I just wonder what happens if a rock falls on the car in the canyon. Is it my insurance or theirs?

Maybe they are just not that busy at the Boise SC and they want something to do.

Reactions: csrpenfab
Went to the SC today and changed my delivery from Home to the SC. No drama, was actually easier than I thought it would be. Based on messages I’ve seen in this forum, I was expecting more of a battle.

Didn’t help with making delivery happen any sooner, but at least it didn’t make it any later. He did say that they unload at the SC then drive it to the customer‘s home for “Home Delivery”… No Thanks.

Got a nice phone call from a gent at the SLC service center where I ordered, assisting my SA (until she gets replaced with someone in Boise, which he says will happen when delivery is closer). Still set for pickup in Boise, and still a July date until further notice. And he says they are just waiting for Austin to really get fired up, and that my car may very well come from Austin, and may or may not include 4680, etc. No real new info there other than confirming that current cars are coming out of Fremont, and that Austin will change things once it is really rolling. And also he just confirmed for me waiting until getting a VIN for insurance, financing, etc.