Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Idaho Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a nice phone call from a gent at the SLC service center where I ordered, assisting my SA (until she gets replaced with someone in Boise, which he says will happen when delivery is closer). Still set for pickup in Boise, and still a July date until further notice. And he says they are just waiting for Austin to really get fired up, and that my car may very well come from Austin, and may or may not include 4680, etc. No real new info there other than confirming that current cars are coming out of Fremont, and that Austin will change things once it is really rolling. And also he just confirmed for me waiting until getting a VIN for insurance, financing, etc.
Well at least that's something! I am still stuck with a September EDD. Mine has never moved from my ordering date of Dec. 6th. I guess that is promising with the possible delivery from Austin. I wonder what Fremont will do once the 4680's start to roll out of Texas? They surely can't keep delivering the old battery technology. I'm assuming they will make the switch as well??? I guess the one positive with a September delivery is the chance of the 4680's go up with each and every month I have to wait. I am jealous that you actually got a call from a human! My SA is like trying to contact the Pope.

Well at least that's something! I am still stuck with a September EDD. Mine has never moved from my ordering date of Dec. 6th. I guess that is promising with the possible delivery from Austin. I wonder what Fremont will do once the 4680's start to roll out of Texas? They surely can't keep delivering the old battery technology. I'm assuming they will make the switch as well??? I guess the one positive with a September delivery is the chance of the 4680's go up with each and every month I have to wait. I am jealous that you actually got a call from a human! My SA is like trying to contact the Pope.
I was surprised. Was not my SA, but she is apparently still on the case. Until Boise takes over at some point. I am thinking that part of the delay may be that they are figuring out how to coordinate the improvements so that production can occur wherever it can, and assembly can then happen similarly at Fremont AND Austin. So they don't run into that two different cars problem. I can't imagine they want that. The fact that Fremont's paint facility is not as nice as the new Austin one is something they can deal with. I would be the other problem will be hard. Frankly, at this point, I am not upset that mine is out a while so hopefully they can get this figured out a bit.

Reactions: DrGriz
I was surprised. Was not my SA, but she is apparently still on the case. Until Boise takes over at some point. I am thinking that part of the delay may be that they are figuring out how to coordinate the improvements so that production can occur wherever it can, and assembly can then happen similarly at Fremont AND Austin. So they don't run into that two different cars problem. I can't imagine they want that. The fact that Fremont's paint facility is not as nice as the new Austin one is something they can deal with. I would be the other problem will be hard. Frankly, at this point, I am not upset that mine is out a while so hopefully they can get this figured out a bit.
Yes, all very true. I guess the longer we wait the more likely we are to see expected improvements. However, I was hoping for SOME summer driving. We are going to Palm Springs in two weeks and I rented a Model Y on Turo so I will get a little "taste." :cool:

Reactions: csrpenfab
I got a text this evening:

"Tesla Update: Your Tesla may be available for pick-up at an earlier date. Your local delivery center may reach out and update to a sooner appointment in the coming days. We are looking forward to welcoming you into the Tesla family!"

I decided to give them a call and see what exactly that meant... I am now picking up my car on Friday (the 21st).

Shoulda waited till this afternoon, roads had dried a bit.

Couple of smudges on the seats and left rear door card was scraped (they’re going to replace that). Smudges wiped right up.

AMD as previously reported.

Love it!!
82B7EF7F-443D-439F-9F26-08916EAFC557.jpeg
A4DABA61-CD54-4C29-BAA1-567627540087.jpeg
548ACEAC-C7E7-4973-B7F9-63277543D3E3.jpeg
B9A7C8E2-3C8F-474A-BDDE-9B90FEAA15FE.jpeg
D5E1150B-57A2-4C74-A651-2C93638FEBA9.jpeg
6D154381-3615-4919-A611-F92DB42A3ECD.jpeg

Congrats!! We're happy your wait is over. Looks very nice and no gap issues that I could see. Have a wonderful weekend with your new toy.
The car is beautiful. I keep expecting to find something wrong but beyond the one interior door panel, it’s spot on.
Congrats...a little jealous here. The wait is over. How was your experience with the Boise service center with inspection and delivery? I will be using them as well. Keep us updated! No speeding tickets.
Boise SC was good, they noticed the interior smudge issues moments before I did and quickly returned with a micro-fiber towel. They brought the service manager out to confirm the door card issue wasn’t just dirt, and he said “That’s in the material, we will replace that via mobile service.”

I put that issue in the same service request I submitted to install my HomeLink. They’re coming out on Tuesday.
Question for anyone who purchased from the Boise SC... Do they accept a personal check for full payment upon delivery, or do they require a cashiers check? I'm waiting for my MYP and really don't want to deal with the Plaid set up to transfer the funds for a cash purchase. Thanks!
They didn’t give me the option of personal check, I would be surprised if they accepted them. I bank primarily with USAA and didn’t want to deal with their official/teller check thing (no local branch, so all done via usps/FedEx), so I went with the Plaid approach. Since my account requires user/pass/pin and a OTP/token and Tesla is a reputable business I went with it. I’d be curious to know what the process actually does, i set it up on Wednesday and the funds didn’t clear my account til Friday morning (delivery day).

Last edited:
Question for anyone who purchased from the Boise SC... Do they accept a personal check for full payment upon delivery, or do they require a cashiers check? I'm waiting for my MYP and really don't want to deal with the Plaid set up to transfer the funds for a cash purchase. Thanks!

At least in the past, I understand you could skip Plaid by putting in a fake routing number. It then jumps to a "secret" step that lets you put in your routing number/account number directly and send an electronic check.

I have also read that this process failed for someone at one point. Haven't read of anyone doing this recently, so I don't know if it still works. Plan to try it at least rather than mess with Plaid myself.

Been waiting so long things have changed!

Reactions: csrpenfab
Shoulda waited till this afternoon, roads had dried a bit.

Couple of smudges on the seats and left rear door card was scraped (they’re going to replace that). Smudges wiped right up.

AMD as previously reported.

Love it!!
View attachment 758683View attachment 758684View attachment 758685View attachment 758686View attachment 758687View attachment 758692
Just curious if yours came with mudflats or are they doing them later? And did you get a hardcopy of the owners manual in the glovebox?

Reactions: DrGriz
At least in the past, I understand you could skip Plaid by putting in a fake routing number. It then jumps to a "secret" step that lets you put in your routing number/account number directly and send an electronic check.

I have also read that this process failed for someone at one point. Haven't read of anyone doing this recently, so I don't know if it still works. Plan to try it at least rather than mess with Plaid myself.

Been waiting so long things have changed!
That would have been nice to know... oh well, I'm curious if this works for you.

Just curious if yours came with mudflats or are they doing them later? And did you get a hardcopy of the owners manual in the glovebox?
Front mudflaps were installed when they brought it out. Also had the PPF cutouts on the rear passenger doors. Window sticker and a Model Y "Safety Information" book were in the glovebox.

That would have been nice to know... oh well, I'm curious if this works for you.

Front mudflaps were installed when they brought it out. Also had the PPF cutouts on the rear passenger doors. Window sticker and a Model Y "Safety Information" book were in the glovebox.
Yes, I hope I can skip Plaid. Enough extraneous information floating around the Interwebs. I hope the direct method still works.

Interesting that only front mudflaps were provided. I guess at least half of the mudflap set I bought back in August will be useful! :D

They were preinstalled, I didn't pay for them. I'll note that I didn't ask for them either, so it was a nice surprise.
That was what I was hoping you would say. I had heard rumors that they might come preinstalled in certain markets, and I would think Idaho roads would qualify with all our sand and grit. Off topic: Almost makes me want to find some PPF type film for the windshield. I am sure it is out there. Just don’t know about seeing through it. My truck picked up its first rock chip since I owned it, and it within days spread across from the far passenger side where the ding happened to close to the left of me before rejoining the bottom. Below my line of site, but will be contacting the glass replacement folks once we come out of winter and the roads start getting cleaned up. I guess I always considered that just part of living here. But a good reason for mud flaps to come on a vehicle.

Yes, I hope I can skip Plaid. Enough extraneous information floating around the Interwebs. I hope the direct method still works.

Interesting that only front mudflaps were provided. I guess at least half of the mudflap set I bought back in August will be useful! :D
Oh, didn’t see that. Well, nice to get some I guess. I still have to decide about ppf too. Was thinking the front end anyway, up to the front doors, due to all the bugs we get, and the aforementioned rock chips. Or at least some sort of protection up there on that blunt looking front end with no grill.

Oh, didn’t see that. Well, nice to get some I guess. I still have to decide about ppf too. Was thinking the front end anyway, up to the front doors, due to all the bugs we get, and the aforementioned rock chips. Or at least some sort of protection up there on that blunt looking front end with no grill.
Yeah, that blunt front is a rock catcher.

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw