Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Idaho Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hear some windows for folks are starting to narrow. Is that right for you, @DrGriz ?

I am still holding in the April 11 - May 9 range, and have been a week or two now. I like that range of dates and hope they have a few more things figured out, and additional clarity for us on some things, by then. @DrGriz , will be continuing to watch your experience.

I am not trading anything in, nor need to sell anything, but will want to figure out some financing probably, if it is not too expensive, rather than pay all cash. Probably either through USAA or that online credit union people have been using.

And I guess I will start looking at my floor and rear storage area/back of rear seats mats, and any other such accessories I want. A set of jack pucks maybe? Different cord? I have an electrician scheduled to come in a couple weeks to get us set up with charging outlets, and also to look forward to the ADU we may put up above our garage, and any electrical panel upgrades for that. Will set it up for two charging outlets, and going with the generic dryer outlet rather than a special Tesla unit, as it will be fast enough for us, and more versatile later on as the market fills out. Will want one cord long enough to make it across one stall to the other if that exists, and may hang it with hooks above the nearer car, so it can be hanging there ready for the second car, when/if we get one, when you get out so you don’t have to string the cord around the the other car every time. The electrician thought they came in 20 footers, and thinking that should do.

Any of you Boise area folks pick a place to do the PPF film on all or part of your car yet? Who is good if anyone knows? Thinking I will for sure do that for the front end and hood anyway. Maybe the front end back to the front doors at least.

The other thing I will want to figure out is my winter set of tires/wheels. Was thinking either another set of the Genesis size wheels, or even a smaller diameter set for the snow tires. Anyone make a decision on that yet or have any experience there?

Any other things you all have looked into in terms of accessories, etc.? Anything else to think about? I guess I have to get one of those fronts plate holders. And maybe a cap for my hitch if it doesn’t already have one.

Oh, I DO have one other thing. Will be looking into mattress options for camping in the car. There were a couple good vids on that I found, and seems like there are a couple options. I probably won’t want to do air mattresses as I sleep like crap on those. Some sort of foam, though that takes up room. But camping season will be coming when I get the car, and I may has well have an option when I don’t need to take the whole truck and slide in pickup camper. Though I will certainly want to be careful regarding range way out in the middle of the south central Idaho mountains. Will look for options for at least RV camping where I can find an RV outlet.
My EDD narrowed to 2 weeks in Feb on Friday. From what others are experiencing, I think it is possible that I'll get a VIN today or tomorrow, or get pushed back out. I am OK with it either way. Who knows, maybe I'll get one of those blues sitting in Austin awaiting NHTSA certification? Not sure if I want the first car off the line or not. Every day the chances go higher from tiny to slightly less tiny.

I will be selling or trading in my Subaru. Will check offers once a VIN shows.

I want to get snows as soon as I can once I get the car. I think Nokian Hakkapeliitta's either 3s or studded 10EV. Still going back and forth on that and it may come down to availability. Will probably just have them mounted on the wheels it comes with. I understand that the Continentals that it comes with are rather poor in the snow. I hope I don't have to drive up from Boise in a snowstorm!

Camp mode and associated accessories looks like fun. Still thinking about it!

Have Pucks, Nail puncture repair kit. (Punctures are a given here: it will happen). Mats. Roof rack, wind and road noise reduction kit.

Waiting for the car for other stuff.

Still thinking about loan vs cash. I'll probably check with USAA and decide when the time comes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
My EDD narrowed to 2 weeks in Feb on Friday. From what others are experiencing, I think it is possible that I'll get a VIN today or tomorrow, or get pushed back out. I am OK with it either way. Who knows, maybe I'll get one of those blues sitting in Austin awaiting NHTSA certification? Not sure if I want the first car off the line or not. Every day the chances go higher from tiny to slightly less tiny.

I will be selling or trading in my Subaru. Will check offers once a VIN shows.

I want to get snows as soon as I can once I get the car. I think Nokian Hakkapeliitta's either 3s or studded 10EV. Still going back and forth on that and it may come down to availability. Will probably just have them mounted on the wheels it comes with. I understand that the Continentals that it comes with are rather poor in the snow. I hope I don't have to drive up from Boise in a snowstorm!

Camp mode and associated accessories looks like fun. Still thinking about it!

Have Pucks, Nail puncture repair kit. (Punctures are a given here: it will happen). Mats. Roof rack, wind and road noise reduction kit.

Waiting for the car for other stuff.
Nail puncture kit is a good call. Do you have one you recommend?
Same on wind/road noise reduction kit. I likely won’t use a roof rack, and will use a rear bike rack for my bikes. I found the Yakima roof rack on my Passat TDI Wagon to be sturdy and trustworthy, but noisy, and reduced fuel economy in a noticeable way (I presume a rear rack will also reduce range, but don’t have that option on the Passat. My truck doesn’t seem to notice it.). And I agree, will wait on the car to see how I want to set up the consoles and inner storage, etc. I have an old garage opener that is not ”smart” in any way, so figuring I will just stow the old school opener somewhere handy. I usually go with the passenger visor, but maybe I won’t want to in this car.

Reactions: DrGriz
Nail puncture kit is a good call. Do you have one you recommend?
Same on wind/road noise reduction kit. I likely won’t use a roof rack, and will use a rear bike rack for my bikes. I found the Yakima roof rack on my Passat TDI Wagon to be sturdy and trustworthy, but noisy, and reduced fuel economy in a noticeable way (I presume a rear rack will also reduce range, but don’t have that option on the Passat. My truck doesn’t seem to notice it.). And I agree, will wait on the car to see how I want to set up the consoles and inner storage, etc. I have an old garage opener that is not ”smart” in any way, so figuring I will just stow the old school opener somewhere handy. I usually go with the passenger visor, but maybe I won’t want to in this car.
Just went with this tire kit someone else here referenced: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07MR5FX8M?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

The noise reduction kit is from RPM Tesla.

Roof rack is for skis when we have visitors. Plan would be to take it off most of the time.

I am doing the same with the door opener. Find a hole to stick the hand held into when I get the car. We have a detached garage and I don't think it is worth programming it to open and shut when I drive in and out. It opens and closes on a different schedule depending on what we are up to. I have cell phone access and can close it remotely if I forget.

Any of you Boise area folks pick a place to do the PPF film on all or part of your car yet?
I am headed in next week to get the front half (full front, hood, front quarter panels, A pillars, and rockers) done. The ppf rear scallops on the doors was already in place when I picked it up. I decided to go with Suntek, and am hoping that Tint World does a good job. I went and looked at XPEL and it was fine, but it has an orange peel look to it. Reminded me of the ZAGG films I used to put on my iPhone screens, just much bigger.

I have a new set of MW05 Martian wheels, waiting to go on, but going to wait a couple months, the Genesis wheels will likely be my Winter set. It came with floor mats but they barely meet the definition, I got some 3DMax knock-offs cause I didn't like the 3DMax logo. Also a pain to put on but the stainless pedals look nice and aren't expensive at all, just use a heat gun to warm up the rubber before you destroy your fingers. Lastly, the sliding tray for the center console makes that space much more usable.

I guess I have to get one of those fronts plate holders.
I got the SnapPlate on a whim, should have done more research and ordered the Bandit one. The SnapPlate is probably fine but it's just 3D printed plastic.

I hear some windows for folks are starting to narrow. Is that right for you, @DrGriz ?

I am still holding in the April 11 - May 9 range, and have been a week or two now. I like that range of dates and hope they have a few more things figured out, and additional clarity for us on some things, by then. @DrGriz , will be continuing to watch your experience.

I am not trading anything in, nor need to sell anything, but will want to figure out some financing probably, if it is not too expensive, rather than pay all cash. Probably either through USAA or that online credit union people have been using.

And I guess I will start looking at my floor and rear storage area/back of rear seats mats, and any other such accessories I want. A set of jack pucks maybe? Different cord? I have an electrician scheduled to come in a couple weeks to get us set up with charging outlets, and also to look forward to the ADU we may put up above our garage, and any electrical panel upgrades for that. Will set it up for two charging outlets, and going with the generic dryer outlet rather than a special Tesla unit, as it will be fast enough for us, and more versatile later on as the market fills out. Will want one cord long enough to make it across one stall to the other if that exists, and may hang it with hooks above the nearer car, so it can be hanging there ready for the second car, when/if we get one, when you get out so you don’t have to string the cord around the the other car every time. The electrician thought they came in 20 footers, and thinking that should do.

Any of you Boise area folks pick a place to do the PPF film on all or part of your car yet? Who is good if anyone knows? Thinking I will for sure do that for the front end and hood anyway. Maybe the front end back to the front doors at least.

The other thing I will want to figure out is my winter set of tires/wheels. Was thinking either another set of the Genesis size wheels, or even a smaller diameter set for the snow tires. Anyone make a decision on that yet or have any experience there?

Any other things you all have looked into in terms of accessories, etc.? Anything else to think about? I guess I have to get one of those fronts plate holders. And maybe a cap for my hitch if it doesn’t already have one.

Oh, I DO have one other thing. Will be looking into mattress options for camping in the car. There were a couple good vids on that I found, and seems like there are a couple options. I probably won’t want to do air mattresses as I sleep like crap on those. Some sort of foam, though that takes up room. But camping season will be coming when I get the car, and I may has well have an option when I don’t need to take the whole truck and slide in pickup camper. Though I will certainly want to be careful regarding range way out in the middle of the south central Idaho mountains. Will look for options for at least RV camping where I can find an RV outlet.
I ordered the TESMAT. It has been back ordered and it should arrive this Wed or Thur. From what I researched this seemed to be the top rated. I can give you a further report when I receive it :cool: I like how it fits perfectly in the frunk. I also ordered the combo pkg. with the privacy screens.

I ordered the TESMAT. It has been back ordered and it should arrive this Wed or Thur. From what I researched this seemed to be the top rated. I can give you a further report when I receive it :cool: I like how it fits perfectly in the frunk. I also ordered the combo pkg. with the privacy screens.
I was thinking the Tesmanian set, after watching some vids. Is that the same thing? EDIT, SEE BELOW. I WAS THINKING ABOUT THE FLOOR MATS. ON FLOOR MATS: I want the really deep wells on the floor mats as it is either muddy, snowy or dusty here. Have always done WeatherTec before in other vehicles, but they apparently are not as good as some other options available. And I don’t love the silverish ones that a lot of folks like for some reason.

Oh wait, Tesmat makes the camping mattress. Yeah, I was looking at that one too. I think I watched the Bearded Tesla Guy’s video on that, and based on that, and previous experience with air, I think I want to try the Tesmat for camping. Though I can’t imagine it is as good as the mattress in my real camper.

Last edited:
My MYLR did indeed come with all-season tires. Continental ProContact RX on all 4 corners. They don't rate the greatest for treadwear but that aligns with pretty much every new car I've ever purchased. I guess we'll see how these fare after the first year.

Oh and the soonest the PPF guys could get me in is early February, so I just have to be careful til then.
So it‘s been over a week or so, right? How have you been enjoying the new ride??

So it‘s been over a week or so, right? How have you been enjoying the new ride??
Still lovin' it. I sold my Bolt back to Chevy in October so I've been missing the EV life for the last few months. I wish it would get warm enough to wash the damn thing though, anything above freezing that doesn't leave me with an ice rink for a driveway will work.

I just picked up a 1TB SSD from Costco tonight (on sale for $99). Partitioned it for Dash/Sentry Cam & Music. So far so good. I think I'm going to eventually bite the bullet and replace the power-only hub in the center console with the power & data option. Sucks that they took that away for '22 model year 3/Y.

Oh if you have any interest in removing the aero covers, do it on delivery day. I took mine off tonight after I got my wheel cap kit from Amazon, and after a few hundred miles I think the brake dust and those clips on the aeros started to etch the rims a bit.

Still lovin' it. I sold my Bolt back to Chevy in October so I've been missing the EV life for the last few months. I wish it would get warm enough to wash the damn thing though, anything above freezing that doesn't leave me with an ice rink for a driveway will work.

I just picked up a 1TB SSD from Costco tonight (on sale for $99). Partitioned it for Dash/Sentry Cam & Music. So far so good. I think I'm going to eventually bite the bullet and replace the power-only hub in the center console with the power & data option. Sucks that they took that away for '22 model year 3/Y.

Oh if you have any interest in removing the aero covers, do it on delivery day. I took mine off tonight after I got my wheel cap kit from Amazon, and after a few hundred miles I think the brake dust and those clips on the aeros started to etch the rims a bit.
Hmm. Hadn't heard about the change in the port. I also will want to change that. I am thinking the stock wheels may end up being my snows, but I have not decided. If I keep them on for summer, and get different snow tires with wheels, then I will leave the aero things on. If I use them for snows, I will likely take the aero things off. I guess I need to start considering wheel and tire options.

Well, C&R electric was here today and popped in my outlet! Just going for the one today. We may add another down the road and may have a bit of a garage remodel without adding in an ADU up above, for a teacher or nurse or someone to live in. But for now, ready to charge! And no fancy Tesla graphic painted wall (as I have scene some folks display in this forum in their garage) with the proprietary charger for me.

The walls are for hanging tools, backpacks, bicycles and ski stuff and that sort of thing. And this style outlet will be plenty good enough for my charging needs. We didn’t even go beyond tape on the drywall in fact.

😊

Probably a silly thing to get excited about, but my estimated delivery date has not moved yet so it is about the only progress I can talk about for right now.

21BB47F6-EDFC-4199-85E2-4382E6F03ED5.jpeg

Oh, and you can see the power supply for the eero Wi-Fi unit out there that I use for a garage music and soon weill also use for updates. 😊

Well, C&R electric was here today and popped in my outlet! Just going for the one today. We may add another down the road and may have a bit of a garage remodel without adding in an ADU up above, for a teacher or nurse or someone to live in. But for now, ready to charge! And no fancy Tesla graphic painted wall (as I have scene some folks display in this forum in their garage) with the proprietary charger for me.

The walls are for hanging tools, backpacks, bicycles and ski stuff and that sort of thing. And this style outlet will be plenty good enough for my charging needs. We didn’t even go beyond tape on the drywall in fact.

😊

Probably a silly thing to get excited about, but my estimated delivery date has not moved yet so it is about the only progress I can talk about for right now.

View attachment 766671

Oh, and you can see the power supply for the eero Wi-Fi unit out there that I use for a garage music and soon weill also use for updates. 😊
You have drywall? :D

• Funny
Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
Would you be willing to share what C&R charged you? I have an electrician friend who helped me do mine but he moved to Corvallis and I’m thinking of maybe adding a second.
He didn‘t have a bill put together yet, as he just did it this afternoon. But he said he would be surprised if it was even $150. The sub panel was new in 2009, has lots of room for expansion if we need it, and he just popped it in right below so not much to do. Other than knowing what you are doing, and being able to do it without making a rookie mistake and getting shocked or whatever. ;) I will update when I get the bill.

VIN assigned this morning! Hope it comes in good shape next weekend. Now I get to play with it during the winter (assuming it snows again!) and see how it does. Plan to get winter tires for it this year. I am also seriously considering a coil over adjustable lift for both driving dirt roads and driving the last mile home through snow drifts. Fun times!

VIN assigned this morning! Hope it comes in good shape next weekend. Now I get to play with it during the winter (assuming it snows again!) and see how it does. Plan to get winter tires for it this year. I am also seriously considering a coil over adjustable lift for both driving dirt roads and driving the last mile home through snow drifts. Fun times!
Congrats! I guess my Blue MYP didn’t make the truck! Still no VIN for me!

Congrats! will be very interested in how condition is, etc., new changes vs. not, etc. for you!

My EDD still has not moved. Apr. 11 - May 9 still.