Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Idaho Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! I guess my Blue MYP didn’t make the truck! Still no VIN for me!
From the MYP thread it looks like they had a temporary run of cars reverted to the older battery and Intel chip. You might just have dodged a bullet. I will be asking them to check Tesla Garage when they get ahold of me to find out for sure if I have Rizen, but from what I could tell the reversion only happened to MYPs, not LRs.

Reactions: csrpenfab
Got some more info for the curious. No word yet on delivery date.

I decided to check trade in values again. Contacted Tesla via Chat and they changed me from Cash to trade in. This time CarMax was the best of the companies I tried but not as good as it was in December (by quite a bit) and Tesla came close to matching their offer so I will go that route to avoid some of the sales tax hit.

Checked with USAA for the difference and they have a better loan rate by about a half a percentage point compared to Tesla. APR for USAA for me was 2.14%.

Did loan setup and the process was simple. The only thing was that I qualified for more than I needed and they put the total amount that I qualified for in the document that I will be sending to Tesla. That made me uncomfortable, so I called and the rep explained that that's just how they do it and the final number will be what I need. Figured that but wanted to be sure. No penalty for prepayment.

Chatted with the Chat folks. Told them I had the loan set up from USAA and they entered that and the full amount I was approved for into my Tesla account. It has not yet asked me for the Dealer Funding Request Form. It is ready to go in USAA once I have a place to send it.

I have not heard from an SA and the chat folks gave me her name and Email. I wrote a howdy note and she has not yet responded.

Chat told me that my car has Rizen AMD chip (therefore Li 15 V battery and I'll get the upgraded harness when they do that in the summer, although I have no need). They couldn't tell me about the heated wiper tray.

Chat told me that the last known position of my Car was Fremont, but now they can't find a location. Presumably in transit. Don't know how it's travelling.

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
Got an anonymous text tonight with link to make "Touchless" delivery appt. Earliest I could have chosen was 13 days from VIN assignment, as a reference for how long it takes a car to get from California to Idaho (same as Ontario Canada, it seems!) Actually I hope it means they will take a couple of days to clean it up. A few minutes after I made the appointment I got an anonymous email to make the appointment. 🤷‍♂️

Nothing about the trade in yet. Nothing from the purported SA.

Update since my last post:

I got PPF for the full front bumper, hood, front quarter panels, A pillars, mirrors, rocker panels and patches behind the rear wheels. I'm not thrilled with the job, but wasn't willing to live without the car for any longer than the 3 days they had it. We'll see how I feel in a couple weeks.

Talked to 5 solar companies today, getting quotes next week. We'll see how that goes but I imagine it's going to be spendy. I got a quote for a 13.33kW system like 4 years ago and it was INSANELY expensive, I'm hoping things have calmed down a bit. If we end up pulling the trigger, I'll post the company and a quick review. If anyone has a recommendation for an Idaho installer, I'm all ears.

Update since my last post:

I got PPF for the full front bumper, hood, front quarter panels, A pillars, mirrors, rocker panels and patches behind the rear wheels. I'm not thrilled with the job, but wasn't willing to live without the car for any longer than the 3 days they had it. We'll see how I feel in a couple weeks.

Talked to 5 solar companies today, getting quotes next week. We'll see how that goes but I imagine it's going to be spendy. I got a quote for a 13.33kW system like 4 years ago and it was INSANELY expensive, I'm hoping things have calmed down a bit. If we end up pulling the trigger, I'll post the company and a quick review. If anyone has a recommendation for an Idaho installer, I'm all ears.
We've had our system since 2018. Really happy because it just works. Local to McCall guy did ours and during the install he joined Revolusun when the opened up their store in Idaho. Revolusun cut it's teeth in Hawaii. They may have installed more Powerwalls than Tesla (which is how I got mine). CEO is from Boise and spent summers in McCall. I can't tell you that they are the best solution or cheapest at the moment. But I think they are honest. Every install is pretty unique and getting good roof monkeys isn't easy in the current market. So all I can say is the system they built for me works perfectly. Solar is definitely an long term investment. If Idaho Power gets rid of net metering like they want, it will be even longer. You have to be willing to accept that. That said, Idaho is perfect for solar.

If you haven't used it, this is a place to start for a rough idea: Solar Calculator | EnergySage

I just need to find a place to dump all of the excess power I have banked with Idaho Power. If only I had an EV...

Reactions: csrpenfab
We've had our system since 2018. Really happy because it just works. Local to McCall guy did ours and during the install he joined Revolusun when the opened up their store in Idaho. Revolusun cut it's teeth in Hawaii. They may have installed more Powerwalls than Tesla (which is how I got mine). CEO is from Boise and spent summers in McCall. I can't tell you that they are the best solution or cheapest at the moment. But I think they are honest. Every install is pretty unique and getting good roof monkeys isn't easy in the current market. So all I can say is the system they built for me works perfectly. Solar is definitely an long term investment. If Idaho Power gets rid of net metering like they want, it will be even longer. You have to be willing to accept that. That said, Idaho is perfect for solar.

If you haven't used it, this is a place to start for a rough idea: Solar Calculator | EnergySage

I just need to find a place to dump all of the excess power I have banked with Idaho Power. If only I had an EV...
I have our local guy up here in SV, John Reuter, who is well regarded as being honest and realistic, working on a plan for our house. Will see how that compares to what Revolution came up with. Planning to move forward this summer, and John says our house will be pretty easy to install. I asked about ground level, as we have the land, but he said that would greatly increase the cost. Will be interested to see the numbers.

On my outlet, it ended up being $256 all in installed. Not too bad. More than the install guy guessed, but I won’t argue. Someone asked that I post the cost that C&R charged.

@SirSycho , what was not great about your PPF install? I want it, but probably will be picky if I do it.

Reactions: DrGriz
I have our local guy up here in SV, John Reuter, who is well regarded as being honest and realistic, working on a plan for our house. Will see how that compares to what Revolution came up with. Planning to move forward this summer, and John says our house will be pretty easy to install. I asked about ground level, as we have the land, but he said that would greatly increase the cost. Will be interested to see the numbers.

On my outlet, it ended up being $256 all in installed. Not too bad. More than the install guy guessed, but I won’t argue. Someone asked that I post the cost that C&R charged.

@SirSycho , what was not great about your PPF install? I want it, but probably will be picky if I do it.
Yes, I also asked about ground level and was told the same. It is pretty hard to run the numbers and make solar a paying investment in Idaho. Except during the summer when they have to turn on the natural gas peakers, Idaho electricity is almost all (highly taxpayer subsidized) very cheap to consumers hydro. It takes a long time to get your money back. Those of us who do it have to have an element of "in your heart, you know you are doing the right thing" invested as well. I am also pretending that the power I put into my EV will entirely supplant the cost of gas for local driving, so the payback on that is much faster.

I am not an accountant. :D

I don't think that's a bad price for what you got, although I did things differently. Certainly worth it in the long run by far.

I'm been "solar-curious" since I got my Nissan Leaf, about 8 years back. I was so close to just buying the panels and calling in some favors. Probably for the best that I held off, since we ended up moving to the other end of town. It's always been at the back of my mind though, and if this drought stuff continues, hydro may eventually be impacted.

As for the PPF, it's been a little over a week. When I picked it up, there were some bubbles that the guy said would take care of themselves (like tint, is what he said) and a couple of spots where the film overshot the painted surface but wasn't enough to fold over. Anyway, I washed the car yesterday and many of the bubbles are still there and not exactly small (maybe a centimeter in diameter), granted they are difficult to see on white but I see them. There is another spot near the "mouth" (air intake) where the film didn't stick and it's peeling up and already dirty. There is a corner of the hood that looks like it's going to peel away as well. Overall not thrilled, halfway wondering if I should have gone the XPEL route or if I would have had the same issues (I'm pretty picky).

If you're curious, I went with Suntek because it has a "ceramic" coating built-in and I wasn't a huge fan of the orange peel look of XPEL. I don't really have any issues with the product, it does look great where it's done/installed well.

Damn...my EDD just updated for only the second time ever. Went backwards unfortunately from April-May to May 17-June 14. Oh well, I'm sure it won't be the last 🙄
Mine has moved twice since entering the revised EDD window on 2/18. Woke this morning to a much narrower EDD (2-27 to 3-9), so I'll view that as progress! Maybe there's a truck with a Blue MYP headed to Boise soon!

Reactions: SirSycho
Did a self install job on a truck a year ago (cheap stuff too) had a number of places that picked up like you've mentioned but the ppf is still all there...once it's dries out it's not going anywhere - my 2 cents.
This is my dilemma. Ultimately, the reason I got it done was to protect the paint, but the reason I paid someone else to do it was to hopefully have it done by a professional and damn near perfect. For almost $2K, I was hoping for more.

Do you mind sharing what product you got and how much it was? I thought the bulk of the price I paid was for skilled labor, but maybe the material is more $$ than I thought.

Got assigned a VIN today F388XX with an EDD of Feb 27 - March 3. For our blue MYP with white interior.. I asked the S/A if it has Ryzen and Michelin A/S tires.
Just got a text from the Boise Delivery team and they confirmed our MYP has the Ryzen Chip and Michelin All Season tires!

Congrats...when did you order?
Ordered 12/28/2021. Blue MYP, Tow Hitch, White Interior.