Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Idaho Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sweet! Any idea if they consider our climate worthy of the rear fender PPF and front flaps that are coming on some winter climate Y’s?
I'll provide an update once we take delivery. But I'm not too worried since I can easily add those myself.

From what I can remember when I did it on my Model 3. A 12X72" roll of 3M PPF (plenty for a few cars) is $35.98 and a set of 4pcs Mud Flaps is $25 on Amazon.

Still no word from Boise SA (I learned they are closed Sunday, Monday, Tuesday) but Tesla Text contacted me asking for a new picture of my odometer to be emailed to Boise Tesla. I had already uploaded a picture a few days ago, but I did it again. Also sent Dealer Funding Request, which they hadn't asked for but when I suggested it they said, Yes Please!

I imagine the car is there but since there's nobody working they'll have to check it out when they come in tomorrow.

Just scheduled my MYP pickup for Saturday 3/5. Tried online chat to find out about chip/tires and was told "Your vehicle includes: Intel Atom - Gaming Car Computer Program and the 21” Summer Split tires" Not sure I believe them...

Also asked about installed mud flaps and PPF and was told: "For owners in certain regions where heavy salt, sand, or gravel is used to improve winter road conditions, we will be providing the All-Weather Protection Kit, which includes both Paint Protection Film (PPF) and Mud flaps, at no cost. Review the content below for a full breakdown of Regions and Service Centers. Eastern Canada, Northwest, New England, West Canada, Greater Chicago, Upper Midwest, Lower Midwest, Great Lakes, Selected impacted locations in Greater New York and Greater Philadelphia" So I'm hoping they consider Idaho "Northwest"

Damn, no wonder I couldn't get an appointment on Thursday or Friday! Actually worked out well since I'm doing a bunch of day trips with the boss on the corporate jet next week!
Are they doing a car a day? I think jboles on Thur, me on Fri and you on Sat.... they gotta pickup that pace lol

They are only open 4 days a week. At one car a day, that means there's someone on Wednesday between me and @jboles. :D

OK, so we picked up our blue MYLR this afternoon. Got there a little early. The "detail guy" was still working on it. I said "work away and take your time!"

Turned out it is Intel Atom, no heated wiper dock or Li 12 Volt AFAIK. A slight disappointment but none of that's a deal breaker. SA was shocked I knew what Tesla Garage was, and she didn't know how to interpret the code for the Atom (Lake). A learning opportunity! :)

Pleasant interaction with the SA, who was indeed the person identified by Chat to me a couple of weeks ago. Don't know if that was random or not. We hung out with her for a while and talked about phantom braking and what awful snow tires the Stock Contis are, and when detail was done we spent an hour or so going over the checklist we had. The only thing we found was this little trim piece on the passenger side which was out of line. Maybe out of spec. They weren't sure and were going to check with the shop guys when they come in next week.

1645935718970.png

There was also a superficial clear coat scratch on the DS rear panel that I could only see in perfect light, would easily buff out, and our finish is not going to survive the first trip down our gravel road anyway. Otherwise great. SA let us into the car and spend as much time as we wanted and did not hover. Answered all of our questions honestly. Offered that she receives no commission (which I had understood) and considers her job education.

Told us that deliveries to Idaho are very spotty. Sometimes they deliver 2 cars a week, sometimes 16, depending on the availability of 3rd party truckers. They are hoping to get covered transport eventually, but are taking what they get for now (referenced the blue MY and blue M3 we saw two weeks ago out back peppered with gravel scratches and chips. Today they had a MY out back that had some much mud on it you couldn't tell what color it actually was!)

At any rate, we're very happy with the car and the interaction. Next I'll be installing some goodies and getting studded snow tires (warehouse has some Nokian Hakkapeliitta 10 SUVs that showed up). We'll put them on the rims we have and pick up some new ones when we next go down the the Treasure Valley.

Paying the picture tax:

Attachments

• Resized_20220226_151309.jpeg
    Resized_20220226_151309.jpeg
    366.2 KB · Views: 133
Last edited: