Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Idaho Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@SirSycho Bummer! I also, after only like what, 2 days? Got my first scratch. Self inflicted. Got too close to Data (so I can tell him to “Make it so” using voice commands, with my bike as I was wheeling it out of the garage and lightly touched a pedal to the passenger rear wheel well. Got about an inch long little white scrape in the clear coat that I can feel. Pretty sure I will Be able to detail it out, but still.

Also had my first little alert scare. DI_a138. Power reduced - ok to drive. Front motor temporarily disabled.

I called and texted right away, and Liberty got back to me at a little after 5, and was helping me troubleshoot after talking to their tech. Powering it off and leaving it for a bit, and powering it back up cured it. But if it comes back, they will get it in for me, as I am not dealing with that out in the middle of Idaho in winter or something. And it is now of record within 2 days of delivery, if it comes up again.

Just clocked 200 miles today. That drive back from Boise adds on the miles. Would have been good if we had the Tesla when we had kids at home that caused us to drive to Boise and/or Twin, and/or Idaho Falls/Pocatello every weekend for Soccer. LOL!

Hope the ding is a repairable one!

Oh man I am so sorry. Did the sentry video grab plates of the person?
Yah when I backed into that spot which was an end spot (so only one side at risk) no one was in that "orange Ford" spot. As they pulled in I did get the plates on the front sentry cam but I haven't pursued it.

I was seething that day, primarily at the orange truck driver, but as I reviewed the video I really became more and more disenchanted with the paint job. I'll wash the car later today and get a macro photo of the ding. On the plus side, there is no dent, it's just paint damage.

New here, Just placed an order last week.
MYLR 7 Seater
Blue
20" Wheels
White Interior
Tow
EDD currently Dec 8 - Jan 24
Hope that moves up or may switch to 19" gemini wheels. Only have the 20" for quicker delivery.
This will be my first EV
Currently have a 22 Bronco and gas prices the last few months are insane.

And I also found the 10-30 I have seen at some RV places is in stock from Tesla.com, so went ahead and got that one too. Just in case I am camped overnight somewhere. I have needed such an adapter for my camper before in travels between ID, MT, OR, and WA.
Just be careful that you are using the right plug for campsites... those are a different kind of 30-amp plug for camping trailers, and not actually a 10-30 outlet (or rating). It's RV specific: TT-30. 120v at 30 amps, not 240v.

EVSE makes an adapter for the mobile charger that works wonderfully (I've used it on two different occasions with the Model 3 I just got rid of). TT-30 Adapter for Tesla Model S/X/3/Y Gen 2 – EVSE Adapters

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
So far things have gone well! I went point by point off an inspection thing I found online (Ryan Shaw had it linked to a video, and you could get an app. I preferred to print it out as I knew I would be excited, and wouldn't want to look at my phone and scroll, but would want to have a checklist on paper), for the most part. I forgot to bring a 12v cigarette lighter adapter. and found everything to be pretty darn good! Within spec it seems. One headlight was a little wonky on the upper corner, and the service tech fixed that right away. Liberty, and the trainee (Mark I think? I forgot his hame as I was pretty excited) were great walking me through things. Drive home from Boise to Hailey, after stopping over at Costco, the nearby supercharger, and Trader Joe's (Hey, when we WR Valley folks are in Rome, we have to hit the stores!). And it was so nice to hook right up to my Tidal account and have a bunch of my favorite music already at my fingertips! Will take a little while to get used to all the menus, and get the settings how I want them, but it all feels pretty intuitive to me and I am happy with the interface on the screen so far. Cheers!

View attachment 813984View attachment 813985View attachment 813986
View attachment 813988
Congrats on the new Y, and glad to see you picked the best color too! You were smart to take a cashier's check rather than pay through app. I did the same since I was damn sure I wanted to actually see the car/condition before handing over $70k to Tesla! I have the Idaho Mtn Bike plates on my new MYP, and it was a simple 10 minute visit to the Meridian DMV to get them transferred over from my prior car.

Heck the DMV agent even apologized that my previous 2 year state parks pass wouldn't transfer over since it had been six months since I sold the prior vehicle. Oh well, it's only $20! DMV in Idaho is a godsend compared to my prior CA DMV nightmares!

Congrats on the new Y, and glad to see you picked the best color too! You were smart to take a cashier's check rather than pay through app. I did the same since I was damn sure I wanted to actually see the car/condition before handing over $70k to Tesla! I have the Idaho Mtn Bike plates on my new MYP, and it was a simple 10 minute visit to the Meridian DMV to get them transferred over from my prior car.

Heck the DMV agent even apologized that my previous 2 year state parks pass wouldn't transfer over since it had been six months since I sold the prior vehicle. Oh well, it's only $20! DMV in Idaho is a godsend compared to my prior CA DMV nightmares!
Yes, I actually don’t mind the DMV here in Idaho Falls. Everyone super nice and helpful and never a line.

Hey Csrpenfab what garage tiles did you go with? Are those swisstracks? Been going back and forth for a while on doing that or epoxy in the garage, wish I would have pulled the trigger on tiles back when I first considered them before they got more expensive.

Are you happy with them?

Yes, I actually don’t mind the DMV here in Idaho Falls. Everyone super nice and helpful and never a line.

Hey Csrpenfab what garage tiles did you go with? Are those swisstracks? Been going back and forth for a while on doing that or epoxy in the garage, wish I would have pulled the trigger on tiles back when I first considered them before they got more expensive.

Are you happy with them?
Those are RaceDeck FreeFlow tiles. It’s my 5th RaceDeck garage and I love them. I did 1000 sq ft as shown for about $3000 delivered. They’re made in SLC Utah, and have great service. You can get a great discount by joining GarageJournal.com. PM me if you need details.

6FC323FC-7B02-4B8F-AF6C-C8B62E079354.jpeg
A45B2C96-9F5A-4823-9092-BE1175CE224E.jpeg

Just be careful that you are using the right plug for campsites... those are a different kind of 30-amp plug for camping trailers, and not actually a 10-30 outlet (or rating). It's RV specific: TT-30. 120v at 30 amps, not 240v.

EVSE makes an adapter for the mobile charger that works wonderfully (I've used it on two different occasions with the Model 3 I just got rid of). TT-30 Adapter for Tesla Model S/X/3/Y Gen 2 – EVSE Adapters
I discovered that and now will have a 10-30 I will rarely use, unless I return it. I will order the EVSE TT-30 for what I really need.

Reactions: DrGriz
Those are RaceDeck FreeFlow tiles. It’s my 5th RaceDeck garage and I love them. I did 1000 sq ft as shown for about $3000 delivered. They’re made in SLC Utah, and have great service. You can get a great discount by joining GarageJournal.com. PM me if you need details.

View attachment 815272View attachment 815273

I think that might be what my friend has at his place in Seattle. Looks similar. Different cars though. ;)

1654926945045.jpeg

1654926903722.jpeg

Ok based on Sunday's weather, I'm glad I didn't wash the car on Friday. I did wash it today though. Here are those "soft paint" pictures I said I would post earlier. Reposting the video as well to refresh the "how this happened".

IMG_1922.jpg

IMG_1923.jpg

Ok based on Sunday's weather, I'm glad I didn't wash the car on Friday. I did wash it today though. Here are those "soft paint" pictures I said I would post earlier. Reposting the video as well to refresh the "how this happened".

View attachment 817088
View attachment 817089
Jeebus! That sucks! I am sorry about that! I am a little terrified about my parking in the garage as there is a lot of in and out, and due to the location of my plug, my wife's driver door opens toward the passenger side of my car. She has a Mazda CX-5, similar width car, and there is not that much room. Hmm.

Jeebus! That sucks! I am sorry about that! I am a little terrified about my parking in the garage as there is a lot of in and out, and due to the location of my plug, my wife's driver door opens toward the passenger side of my car. She has a Mazda CX-5, similar width car, and there is not that much room. Hmm.
I will be in the tight garage space as well when my Y finally arrives (if ever). That is really disappointing about the paint. I realize door dings happen, but the first one always hurts the most. The scary part is that the contact was pretty minor tho cause that much damage to the paint. Thanks for the photos.

VIN Assigned this morning 🎉

OD: 3/26 for MYP (Blue/white + tow + FSD)
Original EDD: June - July
4/5 Updated EDD: 6/6 - 7/18
4/18 Updated EDD: 6/8 - 7/13
5/18 Updated EDD: 6/11 - 7/9
6/4 Updated EDD: 6/16 - 6/30
6/10 VIN Assigned: EDD 6/16 - 6/20

Ugh...expected (sadly) but still a bummer when the EDD shifts out.

*updated*
6/17 VIN Assigned: EDD 6/23 - 6/25

The worst part is that this didn't at all seem like it would be an issue. I've been calling Tesla every day this week and since Monday, my car has been loaded onto a truck just sitting there. They never really said what the issue was but eluded to "logistical issues" on their end. One of the Tesla reps told me that the shipping manifest for that truck says an arrival in Boise sometime between 6/21 - 6/23, but still...it's been killing me this week knowing that it's sitting on a trailer that's a single day drive away from me and there's nothing I can do.

I know full well these are not at all problems in the grand scheme of things but thanks for listening to my complaining for a bit. Hopefully someone here will get their's on the same truck as mine 🤞

Last edited:
Reactions: DrGriz
Ugh...expected (sadly) but still a bummer when the EDD shifts out.

*updated*
6/17 VIN Assigned: EDD 6/23 - 6/25

The worst part is that this didn't at all seem like it would be an issue. I've been calling Tesla every day this week and since Monday, my car has been loaded onto a truck just sitting there. They never really said what the issue was but eluded to "logistical issues" on their end. One of the Tesla reps told me that the shipping manifest for that truck says an arrival in Boise sometime between 6/21 - 6/23, but still...it's been killing me this week knowing that it's sitting on a trailer that's a single day drive away from me and there's nothing I can do.

I know full well these are not at all problems in the grand scheme of things but thanks for listening to my complaining for a bit. Hopefully someone here will get their's on the same truck as mine 🤞
I feel your pain...however one of the fastest order to VIN dates I have seen during these trying times. Hang in there!!!
Still waiting on MYLR to arrive from Dec. 6th order date. Still showing late July-Mid August :-(

Reactions: BearlyAdulting
Made a call to Tesla today after still not receiving a text about scheduling my pickup time. Turns out, the truck carrying my car left yesterday 😆 So excited to hear that news. But kinda annoyed that I never received a text to schedule delivery. It's supposed to go out as soon as the truck leaves Fremont. Thankfully, I was able to setup my pickup time for this Saturday while on the phone with them today. Hang in there folks! And if you need to call Tesla, here's the number I've been calling: 888-518-3752. I just route myself to the new car sales line and they always seem to have the latest info.