Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Idaho Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Idaho,

Had a random question while we are all waiting. It’s been a while since my Model S and I was curious what the best method is for using the app between spouses? Should my wife use her Tesla iPhone app logged in as me? Is that the easiest way? Mostly thinking of when she’s driving and may want to turn HVAC on etc.

I know each of our phones can be set up as a key etc.

Thx

There may be a way to have 2 different email addresses for the same car, but we just have our phones set up to the same account. Recently the car seems very good about knowing who is in the driver's seat even if both phones are in the car. So it works.

There may be a way to have 2 different email addresses for the same car, but we just have our phones set up to the same account. Recently the car seems very good about knowing who is in the driver's seat even if both phones are in the car. So it works.
That’s good to hear. I was hoping it would be that simple.

Have you run into any issues where your phone as a key didn’t work and you were forced to use the cards/fobs?

Hey Idaho,

Had a random question while we are all waiting. It’s been a while since my Model S and I was curious what the best method is for using the app between spouses? Should my wife use her Tesla iPhone app logged in as me? Is that the easiest way? Mostly thinking of when she’s driving and may want to turn HVAC on etc.

I know each of our phones can be set up as a key etc.

Thx
Within the Tesla phone app, under "Security" there is an option to add another driver. This is how I have my wife setup, though it does require her to have her own Tesla account. I don't recall if I had to setup her phone in the "keys" within the car but I think I had to do that as well so the doors would unlock on approach (for her phone).

Reactions: jstepy
Ok folks, finally getting back to this thread. Yes, still loving the car. Been in and out of town a lot, (though not driving this car due to a need for a truck on those trips, and/or flight travel rather than driving) and had my bout with covid, so have not driven it a ton. Have not had any need to use and charging adapters yet, and have only supercharged once. My driving has been local so far. My weird glitchy alert issue I had at first went away with a reset, and then a software update. Has not come back.

WRT PPF, as I have not been over to Boise really, and will be in Salt Lake City end of next week to see a concert, I scheduled with a recommended vendor down there (recommended in some threads here over the last few years) and their price for the full front bra type coverage including full hood and mirrors is a decent savings from the price I had received from the recommended shop in Boise. Bigger city, more competition? Anyway, I am scheduled.

It seems like the drive from Hailey to SLC is not too tough and has superchargers, but will be planning my route and leaving extra time to get where I need to go for sure, for this first road trip. Just in case the superchargers are all full in Burley or a couple are offline or whatever.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrGriz
Question for my Idaho friends. So my credit union will give me a check for the entire amount of the purchase price to bring to Tesla. All they need is the VIN and once they have it will cut me the cashiers check.

My question is do I need to change my option to financing or can I leave it as cash since I’m giving them that check in full?

I am at a new EDD of August 13-27 as of today.

Question for my Idaho friends. So my credit union will give me a check for the entire amount of the purchase price to bring to Tesla. All they need is the VIN and once they have it will cut me the cashiers check.

My question is do I need to change my option to financing or can I leave it as cash since I’m giving them that check in full?

I am at a new EDD of August 13-27 as of today.
I think Tesla will need to know so that they can fill out the Title paperwork appropriately... sending it to the bank rather than to you. If it were an unsecured loan from your CU, then you could treat it like a cash transaction.

Reactions: DrGriz
Ok folks, finally getting back to this thread. Yes, still loving the car. Been in and out of town a lot, (though not driving this car due to a need for a truck on those trips, and/or flight travel rather than driving) and had my bout with covid, so have not driven it a ton. Have not had any need to use and charging adapters yet, and have only supercharged once. My driving has been local so far. My weird glitchy alert issue I had at first went away with a reset, and then a software update. Has not come back.

WRT PPF, as I have not been over to Boise really, and will be in Salt Lake City end of next week to see a concert, I scheduled with a recommended vendor down there (recommended in some threads here over the last few years) and their price for the full front bra type coverage including full hood and mirrors is a decent savings from the price I had received from the recommended shop in Boise. Bigger city, more competition? Anyway, I am scheduled.

It seems like the drive from Hailey to SLC is not too tough and has superchargers, but will be planning my route and leaving extra time to get where I need to go for sure, for this first road trip. Just in case the superchargers are all full in Burley or a couple are offline or whatever.
You're smart to leave extra time. you get a feel for it. Burley shouldn't be a problem. Tremonton can be quite full because it is small and at an interstate intersection. But you never know.

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
You're smart to leave extra time. you get a feel for it. Burley shouldn't be a problem. Tremonton can be quite full because it is small and at an interstate intersection. But you never know.
The drive down is for a concert and to be in time for VIP soundcheck, so I want to be sure I am well settled and ready to go. The show is downtown, and I will likely be staying at the Little America, as I get a deal as an SV employee. I am guessing that hotel (with its Sinclair Oil connections) does not really have any destination chargers. LOL!

EDIT: reportedly, The Grand America (fancier hotel) across the street, has two J-1772 Cripple Creek chargers in the paid self park area. Good to know if I need it.

The drive down is for a concert and to be in time for VIP soundcheck, so I want to be sure I am well settled and ready to go. The show is downtown, and I will likely be staying at the Little America, as I get a deal as an SV employee. I am guessing that hotel (with its Sinclair Oil connections) does not really have any destination chargers. LOL!

EDIT: reportedly, The Grand America (fancier hotel) across the street, has two J-1772 Cripple Creek chargers in the paid self park area. Good to know if I need it.
You'll be close enough to superchargers that you won't need destination chargers, but they are nice if they are available and free.

Hello Idaho! I order a MY this morning in hopes of taking advantage of the new EV credits currently being debated - fingers crossed. If it doesn't work out, well, I'll still have a great vehilce. I had the opportunity to drive both the MY and M3LR in San Diego. I was ammazed! I had no idea Tesla was producing a vehilce like this. I did give the competion a look and drove the Ford mach-e. Honestly, it was nice but lack the software intergration of the Tesla. That is hard to beat.

Hey Idaho group. Well I have my second two week window...hoping this may be the real thing. Just wondering about ceramic coating/tinting. Does anyone have any recommendations other than expel? Looking for something more affordable. They seemed VERY high when I went there. Any independent people doing it in the Boise area? Just looking to save some $. Part of me says don't worry about it...have never done it to any of my other Vehicles. But...I plan on using soft touch car washes. Let me know your thoughts :cool: Thanks.

Hey Idaho group. Well I have my second two week window...hoping this may be the real thing. Just wondering about ceramic coating/tinting. Does anyone have any recommendations other than expel? Looking for something more affordable. They seemed VERY high when I went there. Any independent people doing it in the Boise area? Just looking to save some $. Part of me says don't worry about it...have never done it to any of my other Vehicles. But...I plan on using soft touch car washes. Let me know your thoughts :cool: Thanks.
Fingers crossed for you!

I ran a quote through Expel. $2,100 for the full front. I would be interested in what you find out.

I ran a quote through Expel. $2,100 for the full front. I would be interested in what you find out.
That is what I am hoping to avoid.(big$$) PPF/C-coating and tint can cost a 1/5 of what I paid for the car. My biggest concern is spending all of that $, and you still have limited protection from Idaho roads..ie salt, sanding, rocks, snow, ice and general winter grime. Let alone the dreaded door dings, curb rash and front end curb rubs 😫

Any of you out there using Rocket or Epic? Thoughts on either? Have seen a few teslas in each. Thanks.

That is what I am hoping to avoid.(big$$) PPF/C-coating and tint can cost a 1/5 of what I paid for the car. My biggest concern is spending all of that $, and you still have limited protection from Idaho roads..ie salt, sanding, rocks, snow, ice and general winter grime. Let alone the dreaded door dings, curb rash and front end curb rubs 😫

Any of you out there using Rocket or Epic? Thoughts on either? Have seen a few teslas in each. Thanks.
I don't know what Rocket or Epic is.

And a person could do what Bearded Tesla Guy does and order the stuff and apply yourself. No way I am taking that on though. From what I can tell, the folks down in SLC will get me in addition to full front, door protection, for close to Expel's price for full front only. Will report back after I get it all done. I want door protection at least on the passenger side due to how we are parking in the garage due to charging. I would love to swap back garage bays again, but that would require electrical work. Or a longer cord I could run along the ceiling and then down. That could be a possibility. And I think my wife like's here original side of the garage.

I have a very nice "Rocket" wash facility about a mile from my home (Linder/Chinden) and I run my MYP through at least once a week. Sometimes it's 2x/week if the office tree sap monster attacks my car. I have the car ceramic coated (Avalon King DIY, 2 coats) and I haven't had any issues with Rocket wash. I do bring my own waffle weave microfiber towels for the final paint dry, and I only use the towels they provide for stuff like rims/tires.

There are no rocket or epic washes near me. Are they Touch-less? We do have a fancy new one in Hailey, but it is not touch-less. I have always felt touch-less was better. What say you all? We also do have the things where you do your own washing using their pressure washers, and I guess that seems like maybe it is better/more water efficient than just doing it at home. But I don't know.