TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Idea for 100D owners to get super charging for life?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by MXWing, Jan 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

How much would a 100D owner pay to get free unlimited super charging for life (of the car)?

Let's say Tesla offered it as a $5,000 option.

If you took that $5,000 and put it in a dividend ETF and withdrew from that account to pay for SC access, you would be covered with money left over once the car was gone?

2. Nimpo

Nimpo Member

I would give 5000€ instead of 3000€ if that included unlimited supercharging. That is my limit.

3. RichardL

RichardL Member

I think its a good idea to consider the value of this. I don't travel all the time as some do - but I have owned a Tesla for a little over 3 years and in that time I have 6 long distance trips involving Supercharging, covering 8400 miles. Doing that I have been quite efficient and averaged around 300Wh/mi - so I used something around 2520 kWh.

If I had to pay, I would have been allowed 1200kWh in that time, so I would have had to pay for 1300. In California that amounts to just over $500 in three years.

So to have paid $5000 for that privilege would have been far from cost effective for me! Obviously YMMV, but I don't see paying for Supercharging as a huge issue (although it is nice to be grandfathered in, in my archaic HW1 X :)

4. Candleflame

Candleflame Member

´the chargers are mainly there to punish people who use it as local charging and charging for their business vehicle (i.e. tesla taxi drivers)