Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Idea for parked car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been bumped several times when parallel parked ...Why not have the horn beep when an object approaches the front of the car ,maybe 12 inches or so .. I know most cars have b/u cams now but it has happened to me anyway .
Should be an easy code to implement .
The sensors are there already .

some of us live in cities, where tight street parking is the norm and "safe" parking places are not available. OP, this is what I use Bumper Badger - The Original Rear Bumper Guard
is that so? how about paying for a secure off street parking space? I'm from NYC and if you want to have any sort of chance of not having your car damaged by parking just anywhere parking in an off street facility is your only chance of not getting the car dinged up or worse.

Just got my MX a week ago and live in a city where we do park on the street ocasionally. I am thinking of getting one of these to protect at least the rear bumper.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I use my back-up camera to precisely approach obstacles. What I would prefer is a front-facing camera to do the same. I once paralleled parked behind a huge pick-up truck and didn't notice that it had a really long trailer ball out the back. Sensors said I had lots of space, but I ending up putting a ding in my front bumper from the ball.