TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Idea for parked car

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by ditzpro, Aug 12, 2017.

1. ditzpro

ditzpro Member

I have been bumped several times when parallel parked ...Why not have the horn beep when an object approaches the front of the car ,maybe 12 inches or so .. I know most cars have b/u cams now but it has happened to me anyway .
    Should be an easy code to implement .
    The sensors are there already .

2. kort677

kort677 Active Member

wouldn't it be easier to locate a place to park where the chances for others to damage your car be easier to implement?

3. Altes

Altes Member

some of us live in cities, where tight street parking is the norm and "safe" parking places are not available. OP, this is what I use Bumper Badger - The Original Rear Bumper Guard

4. kort677

kort677 Active Member

is that so? how about paying for a secure off street parking space? I'm from NYC and if you want to have any sort of chance of not having your car damaged by parking just anywhere parking in an off street facility is your only chance of not getting the car dinged up or worse.

5. animorph

animorph Member

Vampire drain would probably be bad if it had to run the ultrasonics and processors the whole time it was parked.

6. Tiger

Tiger Member

This stuff looks like a diaper on a car ... maybe you should just live life to the max and accept that bumps happen?

7. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Let's say for a moment that the horm beeps. So what? What happens next? Are you going to want it to beep over and over until you walk out and reset it? To the point, - what's the point?

8. FTW

FTW Member

Just got my MX a week ago and live in a city where we do park on the street ocasionally. I am thinking of getting one of these to protect at least the rear bumper.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

I use my back-up camera to precisely approach obstacles. What I would prefer is a front-facing camera to do the same. I once paralleled parked behind a huge pick-up truck and didn't notice that it had a really long trailer ball out the back. Sensors said I had lots of space, but I ending up putting a ding in my front bumper from the ball.

10. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Like this:? 2nd run of camera switch that show an front image on the touch screen

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  11. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

12. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Its absolutely the best mod you can do to your S. Use it every day. Wonderful addition.