Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody combined the NVX tesla sub and amp package (B.O.O.S.T Series Powered Bass Kit for Tesla Model S) with the Light Harmonic four door speakers (http://marketplace-lhlabs.com/light-harmonics-s4d-for-tesla-model-s/)?

I did that combo, it was a pretty good upgrade but I was a bit disappointed in the overall gain for the price, the sub is a great plug and play kit and probably worth the money for the ease of install and custom box. I'm a bit of an audio snob and the LH door speakers seemed somewhat lacking to me over all, it was definitely a bump over the stock don't get me wrong, just not sure it was a $1k bump. I'm doing a completely custom setup in mine now that's completely overkill, but I enjoy building and installing my own systems.

• Informative
Reactions: davidc18
I got LH door speakers + door sound proofing + fine tuning to port holes + Mosconi d2 100.4 DSP for the doors & Mosconi d2 500.1 with Gladen Zero 10 subwoofer, in a custom glass fiber enclosure in factory sub location.

Result is ok, but still waiting for about a month to break-in the speakers and then take it to professional tuning with the DSP. High expectations for this as I can hear the response levels are far from a flat curve, so much boomy upper bass even when upper bass is dropped -6 in car EQ (and port holes are filled with dampening). I think the sub and door speaker cross-over and timing is not done yet. Subwoofer is good with firm dynamic sound quality but doesn't go to 20Hz, maybe barely 25Hz. With this new amplifier for door speakers, they are surprisingly reaching almost same bass depth as the sub, but with much lower sound quality.

I did that combo, it was a pretty good upgrade but I was a bit disappointed in the overall gain for the price, the sub is a great plug and play kit and probably worth the money for the ease of install and custom box. I'm a bit of an audio snob and the LH door speakers seemed somewhat lacking to me over all, it was definitely a bump over the stock don't get me wrong, just not sure it was a $1k bump. I'm doing a completely custom setup in mine now that's completely overkill, but I enjoy building and installing my own systems.

Thank you so much. This is exactly the type of feedback I was looking for.

I feel as though I may be the same type of audio snob as you. So, with regards to door speakers, is there any way I could get in on your custom build?

If not, I'd be keen to hear if anybody can recommend drop-in replacement door speakers superior to the LH set.

I would be interested too in drop-in door speaker replacement . In my 2014 the speakers are not great at all, especially the rear door speakers...sounds like i have tweeters/mid range. I was thinking to add the nvx sub as 1st step then go from there.
my budget is limited atm..

The LH Harmonic drop in speakers are too small for the lows.
The second row has a severe low freq cut implemented from the DSP.
In order to achieve presence in the lows You need something like these:
Eton Pow 200.1
or
Focal-ISS200

There´s a reason the premium package sports bigger diameters.

Yes. I installed the ETON back then due to my car lacking the premium sound system. Wonderful speakers. My need for Bass was then more than satisfied, plus I needed the space in the trunk.

Everything beyond 20cm in the front just doesn´t cut it.

Yes. I installed the ETON back then due to my car lacking the premium sound system. Wonderful speakers. My need for Bass was then more than satisfied, plus I needed the space in the trunk.

Everything beyond 20cm in the front just doesn´t cut it.

Wow, now that's pretty interesting. You're saying that these speakers are so rich and deep that you don't need nor miss a subwoofer?

If that's the case, then these may be exactly what I've been looking for. I don't need something to "hit"; I just want rich, broad-range sound to surround me.

You put these in all four doors?

Yes yes and no.
I installed those.
I have no more need for a sub woofer :)

Second row:
There is absolutely no need to install those in the second row since there is no bass. Never will. There they cut digitally all bass off to not have overlapping sinus waves. What you can do since you throw away from the Eton set the tweeters anyway-
Install speakers with a clearer more tender and fine transparent high and mid response curve.

Furthermore 20 cm speakers will not fit technically since Tesla limited it to 16cm.

Take some 2way infinity kappa speakers with a separate tweeter dome and you should be set.

Oh and last thing the Eton and the infinities have a very low OHM resistance.

Post back how it went please

I'm installing 3 way focal in front doors and a pillars and illussion carbon 2 way in the rear doors with dual illusion carbon 10" subs in the rear on each side. Built custom speaker ring adapters with my 3D printer that I need to test fit next weekend. It will all runoff focal amplifiers and mosconni 8 to 12 aerospace dsp all fully active. Should be fun I need to mount up amps and do some more sound deadening and finish the fiberglass sub enclosures....hoping the week off around the holidays will be enough to finalize everything.

Thank you so much. This is exactly the type of feedback I was looking for.

I feel as though I may be the same type of audio snob as you. So, with regards to door speakers, is there any way I could get in on your custom build?

If not, I'd be keen to hear if anybody can recommend drop-in replacement door speakers superior to the LH set.

I'm installing 3 way focal in front doors and a pillars and illussion carbon 2 way in the rear doors with dual illusion carbon 10" subs in the rear on each side. Built custom speaker ring adapters with my 3D printer that I need to test fit next weekend. It will all runoff focal amplifiers and mosconni 8 to 12 aerospace dsp all fully active. Should be fun I need to mount up amps and do some more sound deadening and finish the fiberglass sub enclosures....hoping the week off around the holidays will be enough to finalize everything.
WOW!! 2-10" Illusion subs... I have one and depending on the song quality I havr to dial it down...very clear, powerful and deep sound.

WOW!! 2-10" Illusion subs... I have one and depending on the song quality I havr to dial it down...very clear, powerful and deep sound.

Well it was 2-12" subs and traded someone to get the 2-10", I overkill everything when I build it lol. I did SPL contests way back when so I can't get completely away from that, though it will be a much lower useage rate than when I was 18. My procrastination has got me in a pinch with the cold weather rolling in de-motivating me further.