Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ideas for future features you'd like to see in a Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been thinking about some features that Tesla could add to future cars (some just fun ideas but some I think are genuine luxury comforts many expect from high end cars). Many of these features I've seen in other cars and think if there is any company to think of improved/more innovative ways to integrate such features it'd be Tesla.

Here's some I've thought of:

- Heated/chilled cup holders
- Small fridge
- Power outlets to allow for charging electrical tools etc
- Folding tables for rear passengers
- Touchscreen panels for rear passengers
- Glass that changes opacity depending on how bright the sun is

Any good ideas you guys can think of? Just posting this out of curiosity as to things you guys can think of to improve future models.

Thanks!

Leo

These are obviously total blue sky, likely impossible requests for the Media system:
  • playlists
  • sorting by music tags
  • keeping albums together
  • not losing Favorites when rebooting
  • caching podcasts.

Again, I realize these are totally beyond anyone's current software technology, but still...Navigation system:
  • waypoints
  • routing that isn't completely ridiculous, e.g. using a longer route on back roads, vs a shorter highway trip
  • showing all Superchargers within range, not some arbitrary list of a few close ones
  • when searching for partial matches, prioritize closer matches, or at least eliminate ones on other continents.
There are more, but I'm already in fantasy land so I'll stop.

• Love
Reactions: Graphene and tinm
These are obviously total blue sky, likely impossible requests for the Media system:
  • playlists
  • sorting by music tags
  • caching podcasts.

Again, I realize these are totally beyond anyone's current software technology, but still...Navigation system:
  • waypoints
  • routing that isn't completely ridiculous, e.g. using a longer route on back roads, vs a shorter highway trip
  • showing all Superchargers within range, not some arbitrary list of a few close ones
  • when searching for partial matches, prioritize closer matches, or at least eliminate ones on other continents.

Tbh those are all good ideas, I don't think they're too unreasonable to think that they can't update those over the next few years. A lot of what you mention is software based so I don't so a solid reason why they can't improve a lot of the entertainment system over time.

• playlists
  • sorting by music tags
  • caching podcasts.

• waypoints

Wow . You are asking for too much..........