Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ideas For Showing The Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took mine to a car show last weekend.

Some tips:
- You can put a sign with basic details on an 8.5x11 sheet in the frunk, taped on a window, or on the ground (taped or on cardboard/foam) Speaker stands make nice pedestals for a stand up sign. I had three signs, one with lots of details on a pedestal, one with just "Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor (Electric car)" with large font in the frunk, and a third with charging details and charger pictures in the trunk along with the mobile connector.
View attachment 421585
- Frunk hamster ball! (battery powered hamster from gag gift shop) - gets lots of the kids involved, and adults giggling. It helps to make the frunk flat as the front part is angled down - I put a flattened out cardbox under the frunk carpet to level it out.
View attachment 421579
- Mobile connector and charging information could be left in the trunk so when opened can answer some questions
- Turn off bluetooth on your phone if you let people in the car so it won't drive if they accidentally hit the brakes and hit the shifter
- Leave one door ajar so the touchscreen is visible and not off
- You can put some photos of the dash when driving, your garage charging solution, local chargers, drivetrain/inverter pictures, etc. in a google photos album (or other online photo album), and then bring that album up on the car's web browser app (save it as a favorite beforehand) if you have a premium equipped car
- Summon is a party pleaser. Just make sure you are noticeable near the car and give people nearby warning - I had one person run up to the car to stop it thinking it was in neutral and rolling away. I started announcing this and being prominent after. You need to close all doors, frunk, and trunk, and re-enable bluetooth on your phone to do this. Turn bluetooth off when done.
- Lots of questions on "how far can it go" even though I had signs.
- Sign information:
- Make sure Tesla is in pretty big font, many people don't know what brand it is and there are no logos anywhere on the car that say it.
- Mention it is an electric car
- Range is the most asked question
- "Never need to go to a gas station again!"
- Low maintenance, no oil changes needed, first service in 2 years after purchase for brake fluid and cabin filter
- 0-60 and torque figures (maybe 1/4 mile times) if you want to put in specs

Great ideas. I already have two 11"x17" signs made up, which will be reinforced on foamboard, plus some 8.5"x11" smaller signs for the dash, frunk, and trunk. The big signs have basic info on them in very large print (name, range, performance, power, battery info, curb weight, etc.).

I'm going to set a PIN code so the car can't accidentally be driven.
Sadly, there won't be room to use summon. :(

Anytime someone comes up to my car asking questions the first thing I do is open the frunk then the trunk. Then they ask "Where's the engine!?"

I was at the auto show this year in Toronto, and there were a bunch of electric cars on display from other manufacturers. What I found amusing is they were all buttoned up tight, so I would go around opening the hood and trunk to take a look at the "guts" (and leave them open for others to look at after me).

None of them had any space like the frunk or sub trunk, even the SUV models, the BMW i3 had a very small frunk space, most others just looked like an ICE engine compartment without an engine block in there.

Reactions: McQ14
I'm going to be entering my car in my town's local "Cruise Night" in August. Our Main Street will be closed to traffic and loaded with a couple thousand people walking around, talking with owners, taking pictures, etc.

They have tons of antiques, classic cars, and some just plain cool cars every year but I've never seen a Tesla so I decided to put Blue Max in the show. LR, AWD, Blue with white interior.

I've never shown a car before, but I do know to at least make sure it's detailed to perfection beforehand and to put up a big sign with all the pertinent details for people to read.

Other than that, I'd like to see if you all have some good tips for showing the car that will help make it a nice experience for me and the people who come by to look at it.

Thank you for sharing your car to the masses.

For your privacy, I would remove any saved addresses (work & home) or recent navigation history that is too personal.

• Helpful
Reactions: McQ14 and alexGS
I'm going to be entering my car in my town's local "Cruise Night" in August. Our Main Street will be closed to traffic and loaded with a couple thousand people walking around, talking with owners, taking pictures, etc.

They have tons of antiques, classic cars, and some just plain cool cars every year but I've never seen a Tesla so I decided to put Blue Max in the show. LR, AWD, Blue with white interior.

I've never shown a car before, but I do know to at least make sure it's detailed to perfection beforehand and to put up a big sign with all the pertinent details for people to read.

Other than that, I'd like to see if you all have some good tips for showing the car that will help make it a nice experience for me and the people who come by to look at it.
I’ve printed diagrams of the drivetrain so folks can see how it works.

Thank you for sharing your car to the masses.

For your privacy, I would remove any saved addresses (work & home) or recent navigation history that is too personal.

Never thought of that. I'm hoping no one will be monkeying around in the car to begin with, but I think I might just put it in Valet Mode just to be safe. Thanks!