Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ideas on how to secure a EV parking space while waiting for MX

QQQ

Aug 11, 2015
SF
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]I'm moving to a new construction condo towards the end of the year and in order to get an EV parking spot with a charger I need to own an EV. Unfortunately, I have a US 11,xxx reservation number for MX and although I live in SF, it looks pretty certain that I won't get mine this year (and I currently have an ICE sedan). Not sure if there is a good solution here but wanted to see if anyone had a suggestion. I suppose I could ditch my current car and lease an EV but I have never leased a car before and not sure if there's a short term leasing that would fit my need. Living in the city, I'm mindful of the number of parking spots I need to maintain so timing of when I get a new vehicle and get rid of existing one will matter as well (although not critical - more for convenience). [/COLOR]

jaguar36

Apr 10, 2014
NJ
How will they handle all the people who get EVs later? Seems like a very odd policy. Anyways, if you really need to show proof, I'd just buy a Chevy Spark or Leaf or some dirt cheap used EV and resell it after you've secured your spot.

tga

Supporting Member
Apr 8, 2014
New Hampshire
There are websites that let people take over leases. You could find an EV with a few months left on the lease to assume.

Gizmotoy

Sep 16, 2013
Bay Area, CA
It's not entirely clear, but why would you need an EV parking spot with a charger before you actually have your EV? Is it not possible to get the spot later once your Model X arrives?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC