Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ideas to protect an outdoor HPWC from the elements...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm considering installing a HPWC along the highway I travel on the way out of town in order to make that drive easier. However, this means mounting the HPWC outdoors (likely on a utility pole). I know the units are outdoor rated, but we can get some pretty serious weather here in SK, especially the winter cold and summer heat. I would imagine these harsh conditions would greatly reduce the life of the unit, if not eventually kill it altogether.

What I would like to know is if anyone here on the forum (preferably someone with some experience in protecting electronics from environmental damage) has any ideas for mitigating the effects of weather on an HPWC. I'm thinking about a simple awning to deflect rain/snow/sun but other ideas would be welcome too.

I'm considering installing a HPWC along the highway I travel on the way out of town in order to make that drive easier. However, this means mounting the HPWC outdoors (likely on a utility pole). I know the units are outdoor rated, but we can get some pretty serious weather here in SK, especially the winter cold and summer heat. I would imagine these harsh conditions would greatly reduce the life of the unit, if not eventually kill it altogether.

What I would like to know is if anyone here on the forum (preferably someone with some experience in protecting electronics from environmental damage) has any ideas for mitigating the effects of weather on an HPWC. I'm thinking about a simple awning to deflect rain/snow/sun but other ideas would be welcome too.

Check out this thread. Some examples and ideas there that may help you.