Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Identify Tesla Connected to Wifi Router?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't seen this before, but my Tesla in the garage has a full/great connection to Wifi it seems. It obviously also uses only 2.4ghz networks. I believe I know what IP it is as it and one other device are the only wireless 2.4 devices connected - BUT...

is there a way to ping the car or identify it otherwise. If I'm right it doesn't use any identifier/name at all. I can just seen what IP it is assigned.

There is a great network app called "Fing", available on iOS and Android. It will show you all devices connected to your network, including the name of the device manufacturer. In Tesla's case, the WiFi device manufacturer is called: "Parrot".

Just installed Fing. Nice little app but it's not picking up the Tesla either by the manufacturer name, IP, or MAC. I made sure my iPhone and the car are on the same wireless network but no go.

There is a great network app called "Fing", available on iOS and Android. It will show you all devices connected to your network, including the name of the device manufacturer. In Tesla's case, the WiFi device manufacturer is called: "Parrot".
Thank you for this. I thought Parrott was in reference to a drone that I had discarded long ago and I was confused why it was showing in the client list.

Just installed Fing. Nice little app but it's not picking up the Tesla either by the manufacturer name, IP, or MAC. I made sure my iPhone and the car are on the same wireless network but no go.

I think that the Tesla goes to sleep some of the time. I see that it comes and goes on my router. If you go to your car and turn it on, it should connect to the network and you should be able to find it.