Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Identify these parts of the Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have seen these types of photos before, however not being knowledgeable on the specifics, could someone please let me know what the following items are.

2015-04-25 Front Labels 2.jpg

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Since no one replied... guesses:

1. Front section of battery pack
2. Air Conditioning compressor
3. Power steering motor.
4. Air suspension pump
5. Vacuum pump for power brake booster (older cars)
6. ABS Braking system.

With 'stuff' hooked up:
[/FONT]
openfrunk2.png
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]
[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular](can see some coolant pumps 'floating' above the rest.)

[/FONT]

Last edited:

1. ??? Coolant reservoir ??? (attached to battery pack)
3. Power steering motor.
4. ??? Air suspension pump ???
5. ??? Coolant Pump ??? <== Not very sure about that one ??? coolant reservoir ???
6. ABS Braking system.

With 'stuff' hooked up:
[/FONT]
View attachment 79524[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]
[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular](can see some coolant pumps 'floating' above the rest.)

[/FONT]
I would agree with your answers mate. That's how I looked at it as well.

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]1. Coolant reservoir or tank[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]2. HV DC-DC inverter for the lead acid battery[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]3. Power steering motor.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]4. Pneumatic compressor for the air suspension system[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]5. definitely coolant pump[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]6. Pneumatic distributed actuator for the air suspension system[/FONT]

Last edited:

1. ??? Coolant reservoir ??? (attached to battery pack)
3. Power steering motor.
4. ??? Air suspension pump ???
5. ??? Coolant Pump ??? <== Not very sure about that one ??? coolant reservoir ???
6. ABS Braking system.

With 'stuff' hooked up:
[/FONT]
View attachment 79524[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

I'd agree with most of this. The 85 kWh battery packs have sixteen modules in the pack, including two stacked vertically at the front center. I think number 1 is just the section of the pack/lid that is taller to make room for the sixteenth module.

For number five, I don't think it is a coolant pump - it is clearly much larger then the two coolant pumps next to it. My guess is that it is the coolant heater module, which heats coolant with electricity to warm the battery and/or cabin.
Walter

How recent is this picture? I think some of the components in the picture may have changed with the Auto Pilot hardware implementation.

My guesses:
1. Definitely the hump for the 15th and 16th battery modules.
2. No idea.
3. Steering - either electric assist (pre-auto pilot) or full electric steering actuator for Auto Pilot.
4. A compressor - likely either air suspension pump or vacuum pump for brake assist if pre-auto pilot.
5. Looks like HV A/C compressor based on tubing exiting the area in the second picture.
6. ABS Pump/Actuator.

How recent is this picture? I think some of the components in the picture may have changed with the Auto Pilot hardware implementation.

My guesses:
1. Definitely the hump for the 15th and 16th battery modules.
2. No idea.
3. Steering - either electric assist (pre-auto pilot) or full electric steering actuator for Auto Pilot.
4. A compressor - likely either air suspension pump or vacuum pump for brake assist if pre-auto pilot.
5. Looks like HV A/C compressor based on tubing exiting the area in the second picture.
6. ABS Pump/Actuator.

My original picture at the top was taken on 24th April 2015 at the Chadstone Store in Melbourne. I don't know the age of the model shown.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd agree with most of this. The 85 kWh battery packs have sixteen modules in the pack, including two stacked vertically at the front center. I think number 1 is just the section of the pack/lid that is taller to make room for the sixteenth module...

View attachment 79572

I think the air suspension uses colored lines and the brake lines are just gray/black.
This shows that the pump on the left is for the air suspension:
airsupply.png

Heater may sit above to the left:
heater1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
We have seen these types of photos before, however not being knowledgeable on the specifics, could someone please let me know what the following items are.

2015-04-25 Front Labels 2.jpg

1. Compartment for fairy dust with magic wand holder under the embossed TESLA; (Remember, the wand chooses the Wizard!)
2. Container for spare rubber bands - in case some break; (Needed for motor, doors, boot etc...)
3. Mobile phone with SIM connected to black antenna to the right;
4. Antipsychotic dispenser - to bring the car back from INSANE mode;
5. Mobile phone rechargeable battery - so as not to add further drain to the car battery;
6. Magnetic key holder - to hide the car key fob when you go shopping etc...

TOO EASY

Last edited: