Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Identifying Chargers with Drive-thru so I can keep trailer hitched

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Y has not been delivered yet so please excuse my ignorance. The Y will be delivered with the Tesla trailer hitch for me to trailer my motorcycle. From reading forums I understand that there are apps with such granular detail that they identify, for example, 3 of 4 chargers available at X location. Does anyone know if there is an app that is even more granular to the extent of identifying charging stations that accomodate pull-through or drive-forward charging for Teslas with trailers?

Reactions: MikeHawk
There are no apps that do that function that I know of, but there is a thread that might help you.

There are no apps that do that function that I know of, but there is a thread that might help you.

Thank you very much.

Reactions: fly4fun
You didn't list where you live. That matters. Here in Ontario Canada, you'd be fine parking sideways in a supercharger as most of the ones on highway routes are predominantly empty except for peak weekends. Some supercharging sites in urban areas (malls) fill up with daily chargers, those who live in apartments or have free unlimited supercharging (like me). ie. It depends. Most owners I've seen avoid parking in the "front in" stalls by default and only use them when the charging bays are half full or more, as we understand the courtesy to trailer Y/X owners.

I tow a camping trailer with my Model Y.
Best I've been able to do is look at photos in Plugshare to see if there is a way to charge without unhitching.
There almost never is, so next think to look for is will there be a place to stash the trailer during a charge session.
I bring some small orange cones to place in front of the trailer in hopes nobody will park in front of it in the case where I have a parking space in front of it.
I like to always plan on unhitching, so I can be pleasantly surprised when I get there and find I don't have to.
My average has been about 50% I have to unhitch, over 3500 miles so far of towing.

Reactions: SmartElectric