Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Idiot trying to unplug my car during Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Pulled into my local mall where there's 12 SC for a pair of dress shoes yesterday evening. Backed into 5A at 58%, found out my friend was in 5B (recognized his license plates) . 4B was empty (but I didn't want to piss 4A Tesla off) . Later received phone notification that charging was interrupted at 65%, but resumed itself after 30 seconds. Figured may have been a brownout since the almost all SCs were occupied.

I didn't think any of it until this morning when I looked at my BlackVue footage, and this is what I found. This guy had no reason to be near my car much less trying to unplug it.

Curious or just plain malicious ? I failed the fathom the lack of decency in some people ... seriously ...

Weird. Any tesla owner would know you can't unplug a Tesla supercharging.

He also isn't looking all around making sure no one is watching him.

I really don't know what he was doing.

Exactly, which makes me think he isn't a Tesla owner because you would wait for your car to unlock before trying to remove the plug. Front cam shows his family walking past the front of my car. He had a good view of the SC lot from the path leading to it knowing there's no one else watching, hence didn't bother to shoulder check.

The guy seems wasted drunk, can't even stand straight. What time was it (video says 17:48?) and is it near some bar scene?
Interesting - I don't see it that way. I think he's walking on/up and then off/down the parking curb behind the car and that makes him look a little off balance. He's moving too fast and then pivots too gracefully around the corner of the car to my eyes to be intoxicated. Maybe I'm easily impressed.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
This is a common misconception. Had you plugged into 4B you would have pulled what 4A wasn’t using, up to the limit of what your battery could handle. As his charge tapers, yours would increase. It wouldn’t have affected 4A at all.
I think the first car will drop to 90kW if they happen to be pulling more than 90kW, and the 2nd car gets the scraps.
Might be wrong about that, can't remember where I read it.