Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

People parking next to me while charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here I am charging at 1015pm . There's 12 charging station here and about 5 cars charging. So I was here charging for about 10 minutes until this idiot comes park next ro me to charge. All these available stalls and wants to park next to me. I think it does say on the charger setting TIPS: something give spacing when charging using a b stalls. He gets a Tesla and doesn't understand that charging next ro someone will increase both cars time and lower the charging speed. This is the 2nd time this has happened. Don't these guys read their manuals.. I mean its there for a reason. To know and understand your car and other stuff to have knowledge.

Seems Lowell has a bit of a thing going on here. People creepin’ up on his shared stalls yo

Yeah, he mad

Cool.

Where is “here”? What station are you charging at?

5/12 is ~half full… sounds like he had to park next to someone. 💡almost half full. Im here in milpitas california charging at embassy suits. This charging station has 12 then there's another charging station atthe mall which is out of my way and the other charging station is at tesla factory. I mean there's alot of stations but in my area embassy suites is the nkly one close to where I live.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
During the day just about all charging stations are full. What I don't get is why won't they charge at their homes if they are able to charge there? I would love to just charge at my apartment but it's impossible to. I mean I could charge but I would have to leave an extension cord out coming from the 2nd floor to the car. Leaving it where someone can mess around or maybe steal my charging cables. Someone already stole my center caps from my rims. And finding out that those cost almost $100 for all 4. But anyways tesla should make it out in bold lettering on the screen the dos and donts when charging. This other time same thing happened I told him nicely that if he can charge at another stall because if he charges next to me my charging time will increase. And he just said that's not true and that he doesn't want to go to another stall because that's where he always charges. I was like wtf? So what I did was I stopped charging and moved to another stall. And when I did that it said on the monitor that next rime I charge that I should precondition the battery first. So I'm just saying that there are idiot tesla owners that got their car and clearly don't know anything about the car and charging and it just seems to me that they want to be part of the telsa crowd just so they can fit in.

All the other cars were spaced out when they were charging but this one guy who chatged right next to me paired under one main power source either just doesn't give a damn or just an idiot for not reading the TIPS when charging on his screen or even the manual under charging. I had to charge for another 15 to 20 minutes becuase of him .

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H
I did not know this about Tesla Superchargers. Though, I have not used one yet. So I learned something today.

But it also begs the question: how much difference does it really make? A Model Y does not charge at its fastest rate for very long. So, if two cars are on the a shared station but are at different points in their charging, then it might not matter at all. Yes, if two cars at the same lower state of charge plugged in simultaneously, then they would be slow until they both reached the slower size of their charge curve. So the shared power would potentially impact the cars just part of the time in the worst case scenario.

@exxxviii It can make a difference because the power-sharing superchargers are V2, which are only 150 kw at max power, so they reduce to 75 kw max when shared. Many Teslas can charge well above 75 kw through a large part of the charging curve. The V3 stations, which max out at 250 kw, don't share power.

V2 150kw stalls are paired, but the first car to initiate charging gets priority. It should only minimally affect, if at all, your charge speed. The latecomer is the one with degraded power. The 250kW V3 and the 72kW Urban chargers are not paired. Full charge at all.

Edit. Post below says V2 is split. I go back to 2014, I didn’t get the memo. Thanks for the correction.

Last edited:
Reactions: GlmnAlyAirCar
The chargers need LARGE notes for folks who can't read the car 'tips'.
Stopped at an 8 stall charger - empty (150KW), and went for a bio break. Return to find a Model Y directly next to me (sharing the 150kw).
Check screen, yep- 60 -ish KW. Moved one stall to the left - giving them the super evil eye ;-)
They never looked up from their phones (all to common these days) else I would have politely told them why I moved and to RTFM.