Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

People parking next to me while charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here I am charging at 1015pm . There's 12 charging station here and about 5 cars charging. So I was here charging for about 10 minutes until this idiot comes park next ro me to charge. All these available stalls and wants to park next to me. I think it does say on the charger setting TIPS: something give spacing when charging using a b stalls. He gets a Tesla and doesn't understand that charging next ro someone will increase both cars time and lower the charging speed. This is the 2nd time this has happened. Don't these guys read their manuals.. I mean its there for a reason. To know and understand your car and other stuff to have knowledge.

Many Supercharging locations in NY state are now open to non-Tesla vehicles... there's a link in the app that maps them all. This is likely to become a common scene.

I'm not making excuses for the driver of this truck, but I suspect that the cord doesn't even reach unless it's parked like this. *THIS* is why we can't have nice things.
Yes - I posted this same pic on forums for the REM REV and Silverado/Sierra EV forums - and took this pic from an F150 Lightning Facebook group. Hopefully RAM/GM will compensate for this issue since their EVs aren't yet GTM (Go To Market) - as opposed to the F150 Lightning. The "simple" solution is to make the cords longer of course - but that may not be as easy as typing these words of course. This is one of the advantages of Tesla and their vertical integration - everything works together for the benefit of the owner. Not so much with the legacy auto manufacturers that aren't vertically integrated and depend on third party charging providers in comparison.

Specific to the F150 Lightning - if you pull into the space front forward (i.e. you don't back in) - and you pull all the way up to the bump stop protector - and ensure the charger is on the left side of the F150 - the cord may just barely reach - but it's a tight fit so to speak - which I would imagine isn't ideal for various reasons.

Yes - I posted this same pic on forums for the REM REV and Silverado/Sierra EV forums - and took this pic from an F150 Lightning Facebook group. Hopefully RAM/GM will compensate for this issue since their EVs aren't yet GTM (Go To Market) - as opposed to the F150 Lightning. The "simple" solution is to make the cords longer of course - but that may not be as easy as typing these words of course. This is one of the advantages of Tesla and their vertical integration - everything works together for the benefit of the owner. Not so much with the legacy auto manufacturers that aren't vertically integrated and depend on third party charging providers in comparison.

Specific to the F150 Lightning - if you pull into the space front forward (i.e. you don't back in) - and you pull all the way up to the bump stop protector - and ensure the charger is on the left side of the F150 - the cord may just barely reach - but it's a tight fit so to speak - which I would imagine isn't ideal for various reasons.
Bu then it takes up the right-hand space in so blocking a space that can't be used by a Tesla.

Reactions: HitchHiker71

I purchased my first EV NOV2022 (Model Y LR/AWD). I always knew if/when I purchased an EV that TESLA was the ONLY way to go due to the availability of the SC network. RIVIAN’s and those FORD F-150’s are purdy, but it’s stressful being on a road trip and not knowing exactly where you can charge up!