TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Idle charges at destination chargers?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Zeromus-X, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Zeromus-X

Zeromus-X Member

Can’t say I recall ever seeing this before... IMG_2694.JPG

• Informative x 1
  2. NeverFollow

NeverFollow Member

Move your car when it's done charging

• Like x 2
  3. GeorgeSymonds

GeorgeSymonds Member

May not have been on the map but the fees have been around for 2 years

• Informative x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  4. SSedan

SSedan Member

I think the point was never heard of it for destination chargers, Superchargers yes.

5. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

That doesn't make any sense. Vehicles do not identify themselves to Tesla destination chargers, so there is no way for idle fees to accrue.

• Like x 2
  6. Snowstorm

Snowstorm Member

Must be a mistake. Not possible technically. Does makes sense practically since one may stay hours or even overnight at a destination charger and a overstay should not incur that high of a rate.

7. UncaNed

UncaNed Member

Love your videos! Much appreciated. I'm a wheelchair guy, if you have any advice for how a wheelchair guy can easily stow his chair after getting in the driver's seat of ANY model Tesla (short of installing the ridiculously complicated machine that moves it to and from drivers door via the back of the car), I'd like to know about it.

8. UncaNed

UncaNed Member

There should be a system that automatically texts or calls the longest-offending car owners more and more aggressively the longer the car sits idle after charging, perhaps somehow activated only when all the chargers at a station are full and someone else arrives to charge. No idea how to make it happen, but I bet Tesla could do it.

9. Hood7

Hood7 Member

Sounds like it’s just an idle threat.

• Funny x 5
  10. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Any idle charges would not be under Tesla's control. The property owner would have to have people or cameras check this and would be part of the parking fee. As most destination charging facilities are at hotels, it generally includes "park all night". During the day, I can see where they might not want the stalls blocked with parkers rather than chargers.

11. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Right. This is technically impossible from the HPWC POV but would have to be done locally.

I’ve never seen this before this thread either. :D

12. bmah

bmah Moderator, Model S / Model X Forums

It could also just be a mistake.

"Never ascribe to maliciousness what can be adequately explained by incompetence."

Bruce.

• Like x 1