Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Idle charges at destination chargers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can’t say I recall ever seeing this before...
IMG_2694.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: EVCarGUy
Move your car when it's done charging
Love your videos! Much appreciated. I'm a wheelchair guy, if you have any advice for how a wheelchair guy can easily stow his chair after getting in the driver's seat of ANY model Tesla (short of installing the ridiculously complicated machine that moves it to and from drivers door via the back of the car), I'd like to know about it.

There should be a system that automatically texts or calls the longest-offending car owners more and more aggressively the longer the car sits idle after charging, perhaps somehow activated only when all the chargers at a station are full and someone else arrives to charge. No idea how to make it happen, but I bet Tesla could do it.

Any idle charges would not be under Tesla's control. The property owner would have to have people or cameras check this and would be part of the parking fee. As most destination charging facilities are at hotels, it generally includes "park all night". During the day, I can see where they might not want the stalls blocked with parkers rather than chargers.