Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If 10/17 announcement is Autopilot 2.0 I will wash &wax your Tesla by hand!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love the offer. But I am STILL and always be the only person who will ever wash my girl with my patented, completely obsessive and perfected auto beautification process!!!

But maybe we could do it together on each car so I could show you how to do it right! :cool:

PS: we need much better emojis. These suck!

I think I have an illness...But you are invited to Santa Cruz for a car-beauty off!

It's actually been driving me crazy. I am insanely busy and can't find the two days that I need to do a full polish and nano coat, for which she is due at the two year mark. I was thinking today, all I want is one weekend with no commitments so I can bond with my car.

If you need a detailer I can recommend a guy via pm. I imagine he will be up to your standards and has the references to prove it.

If you need a detailer I can recommend a guy via pm

I get a guy in too. I also have the decorators round a couple of times a year to touch up any marks on the paint in the house. I thought I was excessive ... but mentioning this to a friend the other day she said she gets someone in to clean her oven (which she thought was embarrassingly excessive!)

I do own a clay cloth ... still in its original packet though ...

If you need a detailer I can recommend a guy via pm. I imagine he will be up to your standards and has the references to prove it.

Thanks! It's an emotional thing for me. I know it sounds dumb. But there is nothing I enjoy more than the solitude of working on my car. I get rid of all distractions and stress, and focus on doing the most perfect job I can possibly do on helping my mechanical girl look perfect. It's super rewarding for me. Futile, yes. But that's OK. Started when I was a kid doing my parents' cars. I loved it.

I simply love finishes. Whether it be a piano finish on lovely and exotic wood or a brilliant shine on a car. I'm a woodworker. But what I really love is the finish.

The touch, the look.

That's my passion.

• Love
Reactions: JenniferQ and DIL
I think I am safe from doing any physical labor....
EDIT: I'm doubling down. If the announcement is not only Autopilot 2.0 but is ALSO Autopilot 2.0 that is hardware capable of Level 4 autonomy I will wash and wax the first FIVE Teslas belonging to owners in Southern California who respond to this thread staking their place in line.

My God my God what have I done. . .
Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 5.42.03 PM.png