Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If 8.0 ships tomorrow everyone's next Tesla payment is on me!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If we bought our car outright will you pay the Model 3 payment? ;) I take Paypal, but please add the 3% fee.. J/k. But that is a heck of a bet.

Here's to hoping we get it tonight! I have a 5 day weekend that started today, so I am ready to get 8.0 and play around with it!

Thanks Erik

FROM: MR CALISNOW. DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO. ALTERNATIVE EMAIL: ([email protected]). Dear Tesla Motors Club, SEEKING YOUR IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE. Please permit me to make your acquaintance in so informal a manner. This is necessitated by my urgent need to reach a dependable and trust wordy foreign partner. This request may seem strange and unsolicited but I will crave your indulgence and pray that you view it seriously. My name is. CALISNOW of the Democratic Republic of Congo and One of the close aides to the former President of the Democratic Republic of Congo LAURENT KABILA of blessed memory, may his soul rest in peace. Due to the military campaign of LAURENT KABILA to force out the rebels in my country, I and some of my colleagues were instructed by Late President Kabila to go abroad to pay Tesla payments worth of Twenty Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars only (US$20,500,000.00) to garner international support against the rebel group. But when President Kabila was killed in a bloody shoot-out by one of his aide a day before we were schedule to travel out of Congo, We immediately decided to divert the fund into a private security company here in Congo for safe keeping. The security of the said amount is presently being threatened here following the arrest and seizure of properties of Col.Rasheidi Karesava (One of the aides to Laurent Kabila) a tribesman, and some other Military Personnel from our same tribe, by the new President of the Democratic Republic of Congo, the son of late President Laurent Kabila, Joseph Kabila. In order for us to make payment to Tesla owners for their Next car payment we simply require your bank account information and personal details. And the Democratic Republic of Congo laws require also the Tesla owner to show deposit funds of $1000 USD in a Democratic Republic of Congo bank account. As this is an urgent matter we will assist you in setting up a personal bank account to deposit funds. Whatever your Decision, while I await your prompt response. NOTE: FOR CONFIDENTIALITY, I WILL ADVISE YOU REPLY ME ON MY ALTERNATIVE EMAIL BOX ([email protected]).Thank you and God Bless. Best Regards, MR CALISNOW

Although there's still a possibility 8.0 won't actually ship by midnight PDT today, I wouldn't suggest getting one's hopes up on collecting even if it does ship, as this may well end up being a Bertel Schmitt wager. ;)
Well to be honest Bertel Schmitt doesn't have to eat anything, as Tesla's AP cannot (and will not even as per 8.0) autonomously change lanes (because you'd better yourself look in your left mirror first whether there's another vehicle approaching very fast, as we all know).

BUT the subject of this great thread is happily a lot easier to judge :). Thanks to @calisnow for having started it. As another forum member posted: it's great to see a 9 page thread where nobody is complaining! And of course this has become the place to be for 8.0 news.

BTW @calisnow: feel free to PM me as you will definitely need a lawyer in continental Europe, where the concept of 'consideration' does not exist: a promise is a promise. Still, I think you have ways out of this which we should discuss (concepts of "shipping", "midnight", etc. :)). Very obviously, there's also the concept of irony:)

FROM: MR CALISNOW. DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO. ALTERNATIVE EMAIL: ([email protected]). Dear Tesla Motors Club, SEEKING YOUR IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE. Please permit me to make your acquaintance in so informal a manner. This is necessitated by my urgent need to reach a dependable and trust wordy foreign partner. This request may seem strange and unsolicited but I will crave your indulgence and pray that you view it seriously. My name is. CALISNOW of the Democratic Republic of Congo and One of the close aides to the former President of the Democratic Republic of Congo LAURENT KABILA of blessed memory, may his soul rest in peace. Due to the military campaign of LAURENT KABILA to force out the rebels in my country, I and some of my colleagues were instructed by Late President Kabila to go abroad to pay Tesla payments worth of Twenty Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars only (US$20,500,000.00) to garner international support against the rebel group. But when President Kabila was killed in a bloody shoot-out by one of his aide a day before we were schedule to travel out of Congo, We immediately decided to divert the fund into a private security company here in Congo for safe keeping. The security of the said amount is presently being threatened here following the arrest and seizure of properties of Col.Rasheidi Karesava (One of the aides to Laurent Kabila) a tribesman, and some other Military Personnel from our same tribe, by the new President of the Democratic Republic of Congo, the son of late President Laurent Kabila, Joseph Kabila. In order for us to make payment to Tesla owners for their Next car payment we simply require your bank account information and personal details. And the Democratic Republic of Congo laws require also the Tesla owner to show deposit funds of $1000 USD in a Democratic Republic of Congo bank account. As this is an urgent matter we will assist you in setting up a personal bank account to deposit funds. Whatever your Decision, while I await your prompt response. NOTE: FOR CONFIDENTIALITY, I WILL ADVISE YOU REPLY ME ON MY ALTERNATIVE EMAIL BOX ([email protected]).Thank you and God Bless. Best Regards, MR CALISNOW

Can't argue with that

Well to be honest Bertel Schmitt doesn't have to eat anything, as Tesla's AP cannot (and will not even as per 8.0) autonomously change lanes (because you'd better yourself look in your left mirror first whether there's another vehicle approaching very fast, as we all know).

BUT the subject of this great thread is happily a lot easier to judge :). Thanks to @calisnow for having started it. As another forum member posted: it's great to see a 9 page thread where nobody is complaining! And of course this has become the place to be for 8.0 news.

BTW @calisnow: feel free to PM me as you will definitely need a lawyer in continental Europe, where the concept of 'consideration' does not exist: a promise is a promise. Still, I think you have ways out of this which we should discuss (concepts of "shipping", "midnight", etc. :)). Very obviously, there's also the concept of irony:)

Nope. Here's the original wager from the horse's mouth:

If that Autopilot changes lanes automatically at the touch of a blinker stalk by, say, one year from now, in a series Model D, I will publicly eat a Tesla baseball hat on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. How about it, Elon?

Tesla’s game-changing, lane-changing Autopilot? “Currently, there is no radar on the market that can achieve that,” Toyota engineer says - DailyKanban

That is precisely what it does.

Turn the screen to 100% brightness fixes it for my phone

The problem with the LCD flicker is there are two potential sources.

One source is the refresh rate and that's determined by the vertical sync. This is typically 60Hz, but it could be 30Hz.

The other source depends on how the backlight is driven. There are some PWM methods that flicker when viewed on a camera.

So that's why turning up the backlight to 100% fixed it in your case. The duty cycle is 100% when it's on full.

If that Autopilot changes lanes automatically at the touch of a blinker stalk by, say, one year from now, in a series Model D, I will publicly eat a Tesla baseball hat on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. How about it, Elon?

Tesla’s game-changing, lane-changing Autopilot? “Currently, there is no radar on the market that can achieve that,” Toyota engineer says - DailyKanban

Right - whatever happened with this wager?

“If you just go straight on, and you are not changing lanes, then the one sensor going forward, camera and radar, is good enough,” says Ken Koibuchi, General Manager of Intelligent Vehicle Development at Toyota. “When it comes to lane changes, we have to look in all directions. Otherwise, the system can’t make reliable decisions. You absolutely need radar in all directions for changing lanes. You can have a number of cameras installed in the car, but they won’t help you for distance with their wide angle lens, their resolution is very poor. You need to cover long distances, and a wide field of view at the same time.”

That Toyota guy is perfectly right: you need backward-looking radar (at the very least) for autonomous lane change.

So, "-serious mode-": please do not give anyone the impression that one could change lanes with Tesla AP without yourself first looking in rear view mirrors (no kidding, this is about avoiding reckless driving and accidents).

But let's leave AP for another thread and continue to be on topic here: namely, waiting for midnight and/or the first 8.0 :)

Right - whatever happened with this wager?
No update or change since this last known photo taken of him:

Mustela_nivalis_-British_Wildlife_Centre-4.jpg