Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If Apple ends up producing an autonomous vehicle, will it have Windows?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If Apple ends up producing an autonomous vehicle, will it have Windows?

You're joking, right?

Anybody remember the Aptera? It was to have been a high-performance 3-wheeled EV. The company was formed about a decade ago and went bankrupt about 5 or 6 years ago. One of the big issues with the design was that the windows didn't open. So the question arose: What if you are stopped by a cop? You are told to open your window. You can't.

Also, people want to be able to see out the car. Cameras and video screens are not the same. Might be okay for the rear-view mirror to be a video screen, but not side and front view. So, I don't know if you are joking, but yes, all cars will have windows. And the side windows need to open.

So is the question whether it will have windows or what version of MS windows will it use? :)
Or maybe Apple will have evOS ready for the launch? Or could it be we're talking about glass windows? I'm just not sure where to go with this............

You're joking, right?

Yes, note that the word "Windows" is capitalized.

Ah, yes. Well, at least I figured there was a joke in there somewhere. :) And to be fair to me, Aptera really did stumble by having (lower case) windows that didn't open, so that was on my mind. Back then, when really nobody was building EVs other than backyard DIYers, I was so desperately wishing that Aptera would succeed, and the business with their windows was a serious issue. But, damn, I think just about the only thing Tesla could possibly do to make me cancel my reservation would be to run Windows in it.[/QUOTE]

Makes me think of this billboard ad from a BMW dealer in South Africa back in the 90's:

bmw.jpg

The Apple car will not have Windows, instead it will have iView transparent panels. You can even lower them if you buy the iCrank option from the iAuto store. Also proprietary iTires will be mounted on non standard size iRims. You can only inflate them at designated iPumps due to the non standard iValves. Rims can only be mounted / serviced at the iMaintenance depot with proprietary iTools and iWrenches.

• Funny
Reactions: MitchMitch