Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If cancel order, is there any loss besides the deposit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a painful decision, but our (wife) finance situation has some problem and the money might need to be used in some other way. The car is probably going to production . I was using finance. If cancel, any loss besides the deposit? Thanks.

I don't think you'll actually end up losing your deposit if you catch it before it goes into production, and you tell them its for financial reasons.

that would be nice if Tesla returned the deposit if it's for financial reasons but I am sure they don't make any exceptions because it is just too hard to prove. Plus people will abuse and lie to get the refund.

Can you transfer the deposit to another person wanting your configuration? Couldn't hurt to ask the DS and the person doesn't need to wait for production. You can post your config in the for sale section and see if someone is interested or offer an incentive like $500 or $1000 for someone to take your configured X. If it isn't in production yet the person can still make changes for $500.