Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If HW3 does not achieve FSD would you accept a Tesla Bot driver as compensation?

If HW3 does not achieve FSD would you accept a Tesla Bot driver as compensation?

• Yes

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 51.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want Tesla Butler Bot.
Surprisingly we kind of do. I have some Smart Home stuff and a Google Home Mini. It can understand many requests and activate the devices. I can say "Hey Google, turn on the TV and set the TV to channel 32, and open the garage door in 25 minutes, and broadcast 'everyone down for dinner' etc" and there's a huge number of other devices and commands for all sorts of things. They can order stuff - but I haven't set that up. No reason I can't add a connected vacuum. There may be a connected device that brings simple things to you upon request, or if not it shouldn't be that much of a stretch to see one be developed. There's Segway robots, and probably affordable walking robots too.

As to an all-encompassing object that does it all, not that I know of. Just a collection of individual objects with somewhat central controllers. Maybe there is an affordable mobile Google Home-type assistant, not sure, but it's probably fairly doable to some degree. Perhaps Tesla can do it.

loomo-main.jpg

This has got to be a joke comment. You're basically kicking the rock down the road and now using BOT cameras/etc. instead of the car and even worse, relying on a BOT for input to the steering wheel and pedals. Geez, what can go wrong w/ that especially a wheel with a YOKE! LOL. If the car couldn't do it on it's own with much more simplicity, why would the Bot do it any better?
very clever, young man, but its turtles ALL THE WAY DOWN.

• Funny
Reactions: BrerBear
There may be a connected device that brings simple things to you upon request
That is the tough one. Thats the one I want - something that can do physical work - which would include not just natural language processing - but also vision, perception, routing, obstacle avoidance, picking up an object from the fridge without knocking anything else etc.

Reactions: Silicon Desert